Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Official N64 Forever Chat Thread
Topic Started: May 19 2006, 07:26 PM (8,843 Views)
Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
bluedogrulez
Jan 13 2017, 09:17 AM
@Boom: hey, congrats! Please keep us posted on his live streams...Lithium is a great resource for all collectors and enthusiasts...
He's doing fine.
Edited by Boomdiers, Jan 13 2017, 09:30 AM.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Video

I'm still waiting to hear more about this rumored collection containing all the mainline games.

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Wow, that's cool! I got into the series at X and it's become one of my favorites. I've played a little bit of the others here and there, but man it would be so cool (yet time consuming) to go through all of them from beginning to end.

Hope those rumors are true.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Wow that would be great, I hope they release it on PC. I have never played a FF game but I have close friends who loved the series, especially the earlier ones.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I just wanna say #RipClubPenguin

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Is it just me, or does this remind anyone of the floating island in Bob-Omb Battlefield!?

https://www.redbubble.com/people/flooko/works/26197131-desolate-cascade

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
If only they added a tree it would be more convincing.

I was just out eating and a thing happend. A random guy stood up and was all like

"Everybody everybody! Can you all pay attention for just a minute. It's not everyday you are in the presence of true heros! This is Tim, This is Jack, and this is the other Jack, and they are World War 2 Veterns!

Everyone clapped for 5 seconds and we resumed eating then the guy did the same thing in the other half of the restaurant. I honestly wonder if these World War 2 vets were fine with it or if they just wanted the guy to shut up about it. From what I can tell a lot of soliders don't like being treated like heroes, more like they just want a nod of respect. It was just surreal because I've never been in a room where a spontaneous announcement happened that no one really cared about. The guy who announced seemed to just be some random guy who saw the hats they were wearing and he also looked like Bill Clinton. I don't know if I'm a dick for not clapping but I assume no one else really wanted to clap either.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wildfiremicro
Member Avatar
Established Member
Shellshocker18
May 28 2017, 12:55 PM
If only they added a tree it would be more convincing.

I was just out eating and a thing happend. A random guy stood up and was all like

"Everybody everybody! Can you all pay attention for just a minute. It's not everyday you are in the presence of true heros! This is Tim, This is Jack, and this is the other Jack, and they are World War 2 Veterns!

Everyone clapped for 5 seconds and we resumed eating then the guy did the same thing in the other half of the restaurant. I honestly wonder if these World War 2 vets were fine with it or if they just wanted the guy to shut up about it. From what I can tell a lot of soliders don't like being treated like heroes, more like they just want a nod of respect. It was just surreal because I've never been in a room where a spontaneous announcement happened that no one really cared about. The guy who announced seemed to just be some random guy who saw the hats they were wearing and he also looked like Bill Clinton. I don't know if I'm a dick for not clapping but I assume no one else really wanted to clap either.
Yeah if I were a vet I can see where that could be annoying.
I went to flea market and found Destiny, Rayman 2 and Jet Force Gemini for around 30$
We are all mad here
Rip and tear until it's done
Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzsB1vGRWSrVZ4GNkdY856w

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Just as much as you felt awkward clapping, is probably the same way most of the draftees felt back then; because most of them didn't have a choice but to enlist.
But in all seriousness, military personnel generally sacrafice and endure true horror for their country.
Edited by No64DD, May 29 2017, 05:25 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Just heard this on the the radio and needed to share somewhere and this seems like the right place.

So, they were talking about Uber investing into flying cars in the future, and I was thinking this some time ago that Perfect Dark could have been well on the money!

We thought self driving cars sounded crazy, but we all know that's coming, but self driving and flying is the next logical step.

And the year they said this could be in by?

The year Perfect Dark is set.
Woah.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Only problem is PD canonically had flying cars in 2016. :/

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I've always thought flying cars would be impractical but then again what do I know. It sounds like it would give angry drivers more angles to completely screw someone up with and make police chases 10 times more dangerous since they can't block the driver off easily.

Also this was probably a week and a half ago but my first year anniversary for this forum happened. Hooraaay. So much has changed. I've learned a lot and made at most 5 or 6 aqquatinces. That's pretty much it... hooraaay
Edited by Shellshocker18, Aug 15 2017, 02:37 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I just had to come here tell you guys know I am still alive and well. Still haven't given up here. Just inactively from time to time. Also how you guys are doing?

Posted Image

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
Hi its Luke. Sorry I have been so inactive. Life has gotten in the way. It has been incredibly, incredibly hard these last months.

I am still grieving the loss of my Grandpa. It will be seven months on the 11th. I have had no time whatsoever to even process it. I can't put in words how much I miss him.

Other personal stuff is going on as well. Not ready to share just yet.

Both of my parents are sick. My dad has nerve damage from a back injury he sustained back in March. He had four slipped discs, and one was pinching a nerve that went down to his feet. On top of the back pain, it caused his feet to either be numb or burn.

He had surgery to try and correct it in July. He has been unable to work since. He has not been paid workers comp since two months ago. His nerve has not mended or healed at all. He is on pain meds, so hes unable to drive or anything like that. So he sits in the house all day, while I can hear him groaning in pain.

I got my first job working at Wendys back in June. I just got hired at Starbucks, and am starting next week.

My parents started fighting a lot in August, mainly because my dad wasn't taking care of himself, not doing what he was supposed to be doing. I don't like to talk about it, all I will say is the fighting went on in the middle of the night, anytime.

My mother is very sick right now. Back in September, more specifically the day before Labor Day, my mother went to the ER because she had abdominal pain to the point that "it was worse than being in labor". I didn't think much of it. I woke up the next morning to find out my mom had been admitted to the hospital. She had been hurling nonstop. She was unable to keep anything down for two weeks. They did tests, couldn't do a CAT scan on her because she is deathly allergic to dye. That is another story, she had a CAT scan in November, nearly died because she had a severe deadly reaction known as Steven Johnson Syndrome. She recovered, but hasn't been the same.

After a week of not knowing what is wrong, they finally came to a conclusion that she has Vasculitis. Its a rare autoimmune disorder that destroys blood vessels by inflamming them. It was inflammed all around her abdomen. my mom is allergic to most steroids, so the only treatment she could do was chemotherapy. The chemo is causing her to lose her hair, and on top of taking prenisone, which shes allergic to, caused her mood and appearance to change.

She also likely has congestive heart failure, which we are still figuring out. She feels like she has lost all control of her life. She is incredibly emotional, mentions death in nearly every conversation I have. I also got home at 11 late last night after several hours because she had to go the ER yet again. She could barely breathe.

She was in the hospital for two weeks, all through the first half of September. I had to find my own ride to school, my own ride home, own food, everything. No one cleaned the house, so of course I was the one doing it, only to have my dad and brothers screw it up all over again. Our dryer at home broke as well around this time (you could only make it partially work if you duck taped the door in eight different directions and cycled it twice) after a week of wearing the same clothes, my best friend confronted me and asked me I wore that shirt last week, whats going on. , so I had to swallow my pride and ask my best friend to help me drive me to and do laundry at the laundromat. Which he did.

On top of that, With dad not getting paid, and mom not working, we are going broke by scrapping by. Two months ago, my dad told me and my brother that we would have to take care for ourselves. So I started working about 32-35 hours a week, while making First Honors by the end of the First Quarter. Make about 500 every paycheck. Wendys was miserable. Manager was increidbly bipolar, so it was incredible difficult to work with her. She would be happy one moment, angry and screaming the next. She would violate many labor laws, never had breaks, would often get off my shift at midnight instead of my scheduled 11 over something I didn't do. Which is why I applied to Starbucks after being screamed at for a incredibly minor thing, among other details not good for Public forum, and got hired.

The bad events have been non stop, so Ive been numb. I've barely had anytime to myself, anytime to grieve, anytime to do stuff I love.

Just thought I would update you guys, not looking for attention, quite honestly it felt good to talk about it.
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Hey Luke. Sorry to hear about all that man. I really hope things improve, and especially that your mother gets better. Me my wife and daughter will be sure to include your family in our prayers.

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Happy New Year ;)

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Boomdiers
Dec 31 2017, 05:47 PM
Happy New Year ;)
It sure is! :)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
So far so good :)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Got new PC from Aldi, Graphics card I'm using is Geforce GTX Colourful Vulcan U 1060 6gb and 27" FreeSync AOC G2778VQ monitor.

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Its like you are speaking Vulcan to me lol
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
MymeeN64
Feb 4 2018, 09:48 AM
Its like you are speaking Vulcan to me lol
Me too!

However, I got pumped just because it is from Aldi.
I'm pumped! 😀

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Aldi... like the cheap grocery store? Lol Aldi gets me pumped too!!

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
MymeeN64
Feb 5 2018, 12:53 AM
Aldi... like the cheap grocery store? Lol Aldi gets me pumped too!!
And their ads over here in Australia land are quite entertaining!

https://youtu.be/tuFr76btbnE

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Happy valentines everybody!! :birdo:

I brought Super Mario tattoos to my sons class party!! :mario:

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@Mymee: MoTY
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Happy valentine's day everybody :)

In addition, today is also Ash Wednesday. So what's your favorite episode of the Pokemon anime? Watch it today :)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Hows is going everyone?

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Good enough.

Sore and tired, but I have 3 weeks off...starting 1 week from now 🤓

Nadim9067
Member Avatar
Trigger Happy
I'm just gonna throw this out there but HOW GOOD is summer in Australia?
''Now this is what I call a Platform Game''

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Coming close end to summer and autumn comes.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply