Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Command and Conquer; March Game of the Month
Topic Started: Mar 2 2014, 09:15 PM (404 Views)
Martin64
Member Avatar
Established Member
I actually got this when it released! I was really excited about it, as I was when any really cool 'PlayStation game' made it to the N64. In retrospect, they were often pretty pants compared to the PlayStation versions, and if memory serves this was no different. I mean, you had the standard stills in place of FMVs, apparent fear of how to approach sound design on N64, etc.

Then there was the fact that even on PlayStation it was kind of stunted. Not sure if it used that PlayStation Mouse accessory that nobody had, but C&C is always best on PC simply because of the controls. I know you can say that about a lot of games, but in C&C the mouse is necessary of how the game works. I know FPSs are more precise with mouse and keyboard etc, but they found decent ways of mitigating these problems on control pads (mainly through auto-aim and simply the way the games are designed).

There's no equivalent to auto-aim for something like C&C, and there's simply no getting around the fact that in a messy swarm of units (player and/or enemy), there's no decent way of selecting the units/targets you want efficiently. Mouse does this perfectly, and is ultimately essential to the game in my opinion. If I were to recommend you a fifth-generation console version of C&C, it would be the PlayStation one. But I would not recommend any console version for this game.
Edited by Martin64, Mar 2 2014, 10:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Generation One Game of the Month Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply