Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Turok: Rage Wars; April Game of the Month
Topic Started: Apr 3 2014, 07:53 PM (1,056 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Rage Wars was our winner by a narrow margin. I never played it, so I am anxious to see what others thought of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Well not the game I voted for, but it is one I actually own. Not only that, but I enjoy it! Talk about a completely different opinion from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (I can barely stand that game now). Nothing but you and three people (or bots) in an arena shooting it out. It reminds me of Unreal Tournament in a way. And the Capture the Flag and Monkey Tag modes spices things up a bit too. My main complaint with the game is with some slowdown problems it has, but I've never experienced any that was as bad as Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Also, I just happen to own the original cartridge which comes packed with a glitch that doesn't let you complete 2 Player Trials mode (AKA the closest this game has to a story mode).

Still, I enjoy it quite a bit. If you've ever wanted a game like Unreal Tournament or one of the Quake Arena games for your N64, then I say pick this one up. It's extremely common and very cheap to buy (unless you want the glitch free NTSC-U gray cartridge). :yeah:
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
Get a mate over, couple of beers and it's an absolute blast in co-op mode. :yeah:
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

action
at the time this was announced, i thought great another turok, but then i was a bit disappointed to hear it was multiplayer only. since i'm a single player in the first place, i didnt give this game further attention.

Martin64
Member Avatar
Established Member
Had the PAL version of this game back in the day (don't own it for my NTSC unit). What can I say? It was a pretty good party shooter, but we always preferred GoldenEye. I seem to remember at the time that the only thing we really liked about it compared to GE was the bots, but then Perfect Dark came along..
Edited by Martin64, Apr 4 2014, 11:36 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Other than recently owning the rarer grey cart version I have never had any experience with the game. Didn't even know it was multiplayer until I looked into the game when I bought that cart two years ago.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
This may sound sacrilegious to the Rareware fans here but Turok Rage Wars is my favorite multi-player First-Person-Shooter (FPS) on the N64. :-8

The only other multi-player game my friends and I played more on the console was probably Mario Kart 64. Ironically and in a MK64-like twist, Turok Rage Wars also includes item blocks which for a short period of time add greater intensity to the already frenetic gameplay.

Sadly, my Turok collection doesn't include the rare grey cartridge of TRW but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if I didn't already own the more common black one.

Posted Image
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply