Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post your N64 Gaming Setup; post the area that you play the N64 in,post a pic
Topic Started: Apr 28 2014, 06:59 PM (5,074 Views)
danny_galaga
Member Avatar
Posted Image

I now have an 8 way switcher for the set up (",)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Yeah, it's an IKEA bookshelf. It's almost ideal. This WAS my bedroom until my housemate got married and moved out. I realised I could afford to live on my own so I moved into her old room and made my room a games room. I really need to use it more often. And I do in the cooler months, which is now! Played a bit of 1080 the other day in fact.

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
retrozombieslayer
Jun 6 2014, 04:59 PM
Posted Image

Here's my (messy) setup with custom-built shelves.

What game does that oscilloscope play? :D

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
It's great to see so many CRT's :wub:

I've moved recently. I now live in my own place, so will set up the place as a bit of a boys playroom :D

The console room will be much like before but with some added units. I'll post a pic as soon as I remember how to do that here!

Posted Image

There you go. So the two white four shelf units are the major change. On the right holds controllers- blue-sega, red=nintendo, beige=atari and black=miscellaneous. A major downfall of my previous setup was a lack of an organisation for the controllers. Now I can (WILL!) tidy them away. I will allow myself to leave out one controller only for the system currently getting play. In the pic is Goldeneye, but at the moment I am enjoying Super Mario Land for Game Boy via my SNES and a Super Game Boy adapter (",)

Left unit holds my Retro Gamer magazine collection. Will have to make some sort of custom solution as those magazine holders waste a lot of space on those shelves…

TV is 68cm. Sound is playing up on it so I have PC speakers attached instead, which I suppose actually sound better than the original speakers!
Edited by danny_galaga, May 18 2017, 03:36 AM.

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

The black unit is from IKEA, the white ones are from Bunnings. Not sure where you are at, Bunnings are a hardware store in Australia/NZ. These are called Clever Cubes and like the IKEA ones you can get some nifty inserts, hence my colour coding for the controllers.

http://www.flexistorage.com.au/products/compact-cube-units/

Not sure about the IKEA ones, but as you can see from that link, there are some handy combinations available. So long as you like white :D

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Lovely (",)

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply