Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post your N64 Gaming Setup; post the area that you play the N64 in,post a pic
Topic Started: Apr 28 2014, 06:59 PM (5,015 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
This is how my retro consoles are set up now. All but the GameCube are connected to the 20 inch Toshiba CRT TV with S-Video through a switch that's situated behind the set. The GC is connected via component which makes F-Zero GX look really nice. :D

Posted Image

That gargantuan platinum colored component under the N64 and GameCube is a Hitachi DVD player that I keep because it outputs a fantastic image. It does seem a bit redundant, though, since the PS2 is also a pretty good DVD player.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
gaavoid
Jan 31 2017, 06:09 PM
Spoiler: click to toggle
Beautiful setup you've got there, gaavoid! You're ready to play just about any game ever released. :yeah:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My current N64 gaming setup is an exercise in minimalism.

Posted Image

All I have now to satiate my retro gaming appetite is the N64 and Wii connected to my 20 inch CRT.

My newer consoles including the PS4, Wii U and another Wii are connected to my LCD TV.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Vinyl
Jun 6 2014, 07:11 PM
Spoiler: click to toggle
I'm very impressed how good the N64 looks on this HDTV. Is this because of the RGB mod?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
@danny_galaga: Those white shelves are really nice. Where did you get them from, IKEA? :huh:

Yeah, it's really cool that so many people are still holding on to CRT TV's for their retro gaming fix. On one of the other forums I visit they even have a thread titled "CRT Fetish thread" which had nearly 780,000 views last time I checked. However, most of their discussion centers around PVM's which doesn't apply so much to the N64 since it doesn't natively output RGB.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My little 20 inch Toshiba.

It breaks my heart when I see ads on Craig's List for larger CRT's that still have good picture quality and the owner is practically giving them away. I just don't have the room for a TV like that any longer now that I live in a house with no basement. ;_;

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Cabanon
Sep 19 2017, 12:47 PM
ok so my sister was getting rid of her rear projection tv last weekend and I picked it up to see if it was any good. it's good when you sit right in front of it but as soon as you go in angle its very bad. taking a picture of proof score on GH/RB is a bloody nightmare. anyway, here's the setup. left Tv is not hooked and will probably keep it just in case. Im looking to replace that fat TV with something more modern like I have upstair but it's quite painful findind one at good price. anywa, here's the pictures. sorry, my phone camera suck, it's over 4 years old.
Pics
That looks like a proper man cave. :yeah: That sexy red Wii caught my eye straight away. :lol:

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply