Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post your N64 Gaming Setup; post the area that you play the N64 in,post a pic
Topic Started: Apr 28 2014, 06:59 PM (5,045 Views)
andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
So great to see all your fantastic setups!

I love the fact that there are still people out there who treasure their N64s. It's still my favourite console and has my favourite controller.

I especially love the Rare & Nintendo 1st party 3D platformers. I've just completed Conker again & am half way through Banjo Tooie. I'd never completed Tooie back in the day & have just reached the parts of the game that I haven't played yet so it's really enjoyable to be having a completely fresh and new experience of a game made by Rare in their prime!

Here's mine:

Posted Image

It comprises:

A very low use Sony 25" Trinitron (very hard to find one these days with such low hours - nice sharp image)
RGB modded NTSC & PAL N64's
Wii
Gamecube
Brand new N64 and Gamecube controllers (to guarantee they haven't been abused & have tight sticks)
All official leads, controllers and accessories.
All the games I love.
All tucked away in a cupboard for my wife's benefit.

I'm not a collector, I just want to play my favourite games with the best possible image quality.
I have backups of the components that will wear out (low-use CRT displays, new controllers, backup consoles) so I can play my N64 as I first remembered it when I'm old.
All the N64 controllers have ceramic grease applied from new, which extends their life considerably (guide: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/nintendo-64-control-pad-repair/).

I really hope more people post their setups on here :)
Edited by andyk2003, Jul 26 2014, 04:45 PM.
My CRT thread:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
Even though they look OK in the ads, most of the larger TVs have soft images as they were often used as main living room TVs for years. It's hard to find them with crisp images - I had to go through loads for mine. The 20" models tended to be used much less - often as bedroom or guest room TVs so are often less used and sharper.

The image in that photo looks great - the 20" size is nice for the N64 as well as the image is a little tighter than on a big CRT, not to mention the fact that Toshiba's have great tubes!
Edited by andyk2003, Jul 20 2017, 11:46 AM.
My CRT thread:

andyk2003
Member Avatar
Established Member
Great setup! Like the Vectrex, I've always wanted one of those..
My CRT thread:

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply