Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 08:52 PM (2,115 Views)
Norcal
Member Avatar

It's awesome that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are returning to reprise their original roles. And John WIlliams doing the music again is just icing on the cake.

Quote:

After more than a year of speculation, the cast for "Star Wars: Episode VII" has finally come into focus. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will reprise their original franchise roles in director J.J. Abrams' sequel, where they'll be joined by actors Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. Many of those actors had been previously linked to "Episode VII" in some capacity through various trade reports.

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII.' It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again," Abrams said in a statement. "We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Ford, Hamill and Fisher will, respectively, play iconic "Star Wars" fixtures Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the new film. (According to Deadline.com's Mike Fleming, Ford, who turns 72 this year, will have a "gigantic role" in "Episode VII.")

Written by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (the pair took over for original writer Michael Arndt) and directed by Abrams, "Star Wars: Episode VII" is due out in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-cast_n_5229727.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
:blink:
Wow...

I read headlines today of the cast now being known, but didn't even have the interest to click-through and find out who was actually cast. Now that I know that so many of the original members will be back... you could say that I now find myself unexpectedly quite a bit... INTERESTED.

Might have to actually (and not only) see this... and/but actually see this in the theaters!! :yeah:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Nice, really looking forward to this. Should be good :yeah: Didn't realise that Harrison Ford was so old now. 72 this year :wacko:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Nagato
Member Avatar
I cannot wait for this! And wow at being 72....... Are you sure!??!?! hahaha.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Yup we all love the characters. I'm happy Harrison Ford is actually motivated to act in the movie. (He's looked bored as hell throughout his past few films, ha.) Fingers crossed there's some Chewy in there too. Behind the scenes though, the most positive detail is that Lawrence Kasdan is the co-writer with JJ Abrams. This is huge. The man played an extensive role in writing Empire and Jedi, not to mention Raiders of the Lost Ark too. He rounded out and perfected the original Star Wars trilogy. Most sequels and reboots suck these days, the exceptions are the ones with great writers attached.

Like most 90's kids I loved the prequels, but also like most 90's kids watching them over again as an adult I've found out how shockingly awful they really are. :D I looked into why the prequels were so disappointing compared to the originals and found one big answer. Kasdan wasn't hired as a writer for the prequels. George Lucas thought he could handle the whole writing thing by himself, but unfortunately George's script was an utter mess. Bland and nonsensical. Most fans credit Kasdan as the main level-headed guy keeping Lucas in check, molding the Star Wars story into the legendary tale we know it as. So yeah, the thing I'm most hyped about is Kasdan. Let's pray it's as good as the Star Trek reboot! The franchise needs it, desperately. I'm desperate. lol. I kinda gave up on Star Wars a few years ago, I really want to love it again. JJ Abrams is a great director as well with a good sense of what audiences find entertaining, I'm sure he'll deliver. Right?

Posted Image :wub: RUUUUUrhrGUGUGHRhghghghrRURURUghGHrrrrrr!!!

Edited by TNT737373, Apr 30 2014, 01:28 AM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I can't tell you how glad I am to see the prior greats return, and the new cast members be a collection of relatively unknowns (at least to me). Blank slates, can't wait to see what they bring to the table.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Things are looking up for this movie but I want to see more, as I always do, before I really commit. I have to echo TNT's thoughts above about the prequels. I loved them back then, still love them now but I'm more accepting of the fact that they were pretty crappy as a whole. I think I'm more disappointed about the Star Wars games that were recently cancelled and the fact that I won't be able to play Battlefront 3 than I am that this movie might suck.

Norcal
Member Avatar

The Red Shadow
Apr 30 2014, 09:02 AM
Things are looking up for this movie but I want to see more, as I always do, before I really commit. I have to echo TNT's thoughts above about the prequels. I loved them back then, still love them now but I'm more accepting of the fact that they were pretty crappy as a whole. I think I'm more disappointed about the Star Wars games that were recently cancelled and the fact that I won't be able to play Battlefront 3 than I am that this movie might suck.
Yeah, it sucks that Battlefront 3 was cancelled but at least DICE is making one in 2015. Lets hope they don't screw it up :p

http://dice.se/games/star-wars-battlefront/
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
am I the only one not liking Star Wars ?

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Norcal
Apr 30 2014, 10:06 AM
The Red Shadow
Apr 30 2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah, it sucks that Battlefront 3 was cancelled but at least DICE is making one in 2015. Lets hope they don't screw it up :p

http://dice.se/games/star-wars-battlefront/
That was the Battlefront 3 I was referring to. I won't get to play it since its on platforms I won't be purchasing. Plus, I imagine it will cater to more modern shooter fans and multiplayer tendencies.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Apr 30 2014, 10:26 AM
am I the only one not liking Star Wars ?
Posted Image

If all you've ever seen is the prequels, forget about them. Forget anything with Jar Jar ever existed. Ha. Watch the original 1977 Star Wars on Blu-ray, if you don't like it. Then you really don't like it. Some people just don't like spacey sci-fi stuff. It's cool.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
As a Xamster, i'm a little worried i haven't heard from GL...
and STILL waiting on a callback from my booking agent!

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
NO64DD
Apr 30 2014, 08:14 PM
As a Xamster, i'm a little worried i haven't heard from GL...
and STILL waiting on a callback from my booking agent!

Uhm, what's a Xamster? :D

Also George Lucas has very little influence on episode 7, if you haven't heard from him you should be thankful. lol

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
The Star Wars Saga blu-ray set is well worth the money. All six movies look great in HD. No worries there at all, my friend. :yeah:

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I appreciated the political message of the prequels but readily admit that Phantom Menace is horrible.

I never cared much for Return of the Jedi either but I thought Empire Strikes Back was a perfect follow-up to A new Hope.

George Lucas was smart in keeping details about the production of the Star Wars movies a tight secret, though. It made the films much more impactful when they finally hit the big screen.

The original Star Wars literally changed my life by heightening my interest in film and special effects. For a while I even entertained the idea of trying to work for Industrial Light and Magic. Here's a latex rubber head I fabricated as part of my portfolio.

Posted Image

Edited by Grizzmeister, May 1 2014, 07:58 AM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
DeeMoney
May 1 2014, 05:31 AM
Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
I liked them too, DeeMoney and think they have a bad rap. Granted, Jar Jar was bad and Hayden wasn't so hot in II, but they were all enjoyable for me (many, many times) and III was outstanding. Thinking they could match one's nostalgic childhood love for IV-VI is unfair and a bit foolhardy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
I only saw Episode I once, and recall actually quite enjoying it. But now, whenever I hear talk of the movie, I can only think of this great vid:

:lol:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Norcal
Member Avatar

bluedogrulez
May 1 2014, 08:08 AM
DeeMoney
May 1 2014, 05:31 AM
I liked them too, DeeMoney and think they have a bad rap. Granted, Jar Jar was bad and Hayden wasn't so hot in II, but they were all enjoyable for me (many, many times) and III was outstanding. Thinking they could match one's nostalgic childhood love for IV-VI is unfair and a bit foolhardy.
Yeah, I never understood the almost obsessive hate towards them. I mean i'll admit Episode 1 wasn't that great or exciting, but Episode 2 wasn't bad and 3 was one of the best in my opinion.
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
My main issues with the movies were the writing, which TNT quite aptly described the problem there, and some of the casting choices. I hated Jake Lloyd as young Anakin. Hayden Christensen wasn't the greatest as the older Anakin but I could live with him. I never really had an issue with Jar Jar (honestly) and they seemed to subdue his role as the films moved along so I'm sure that eased the qualms most other people had with him. The whole series got better with each release and Revenge of the Sith was pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Another vote for Revenge of the Sith being awesome. :yeah:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

hockeylife21
I like a lot of people here, adored the original trilogy as thats what I watched growing up. I think Episode 1 shouldn't even be part of the franchise as it's mostly filler bullcrap thats unecessary, the order I reccomend watching them in is 4,5,2,3,6 so you get a sort of flash back prior to the final movie. I haven't watched any of them in probably at least 3 years, gonna get them on blu-ray soon and have a little marathon I think, but 7 is looking really promising and I think JJ is gonna do an excellent job with it.

Nagato
Member Avatar
I think it's a childhood nostalgic thing. If you didn't watch it when you are young then you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. (This is just my random statistics from everyone I've asked IRL and is not actual statistics) ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!

I don't want to read too much into the new flicks coming out, as that generally ruins it for me. (I really like not knowing anything when I watch something so I can give it an honest opinion and chance) This works wonders for myself when I watch movies. I try not to watch trailers or read any spoilers or comments about movies.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Star Wars: The Force Awakens UK teaser

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I almost thought that was Kevin Hart!!!

But isn't he a little short for a Stormtrooper?
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@No64DD: me too!!! And great quote!

That trailer is VERY encouraging. Had the aesthetic of A New Hope. :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Not bad for an early trailer but I wanted to see Luke, Han and Leia in this one, or at least a glance at one of them. Its still early so I'm reserving judgment but I'm pretty psyched for this one.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Here we go! A little more in the way of footage (that doesn't show much) and then, finally, a little shot of Mr. Solo and Chewie. Yay! :lol:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I love the presence of the crashed Starcruiser in the distance. Awesome trailer!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Chills. I'm home too!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: