Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 08:52 PM (2,114 Views)
Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
Looks amazing! The first trailer had me worried but this gets rid of any doubt, this new Star Wars is gonna be incredible! :dance:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Heading to Japan? Fly ANA via Artoo Detoo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32346867/star-wars-plane-being-launched-by-all-nippon-airways-later-this-year
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
This is exciting news (to me) for Star Wars VIII and beyond:

Action star Donnie Yen clinches Jedi role in Episode VIII of Star Wars: report

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
It's currently 4am and I've just got back from the midnight screening. Wow, that was an immense ride! It was everything I could hope for and more, definitely worth waiting decades for the true sequel to Return of the Jedi!!
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
danilochka
Dec 16 2015, 09:54 PM
It's currently 4am and I've just got back from the midnight screening. Wow, that was an immense ride! It was everything I could hope for and more, definitely worth waiting decades for the true sequel to Return of the Jedi!!
Posted Image

I'm seeing it this weekend, glad to hear it's good!
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Friday.

Goodbye Jurassic World. It's been fun!
:w00t:
Edited by No64DD, Dec 17 2015, 12:48 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I will have to wait until 27th dec to see it, no spoilers please
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Well here is a hige spoiler for you! May the force guide you not to click on it ;)

Spoiler: click to toggle
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Very good Vinyl. I'm actually waiting for it to be released on DVD until I watch it. I'm not a die hard fan of the franchise but definitely look forward to watching it.

X_D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Cabanon
Elite
am I the only one not interested at all with Star Wars ? I did played the game on N64 but thats about it.

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Very moderately spoiler:

Yesterday I watched the movie in 3D, I will watch it again in 2D.
To be honest the lack of originality and the fact that it looks like a sort of Episode IV remake, makes the movie a bit disappointing in my eyes.

By the way, do you remember my interview to the Battle for Naboo main character?
Well, the guy, Christian J Simpson, voiced a character in The Force Awakens too :-P
Edited by italia64, Dec 17 2015, 07:11 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
If i were in your shoes, i would've asked Christian Simpson why Battle for Naboo didn't get a japanese release.
But what did get a global release is The Force Awakens.

I am going into this knowing that i grew up on the remake in 1997, and the prequels hold a certain sentimental value to me. Even though i liked Jar Jar over Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan in the entire thing! Anyday!

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Me too haha. I watched many times even Episode 1, which mostly consider the worst.
Probably I love some parts because are in N64 games haha, like the pod racers part (pod racers is "sgusci" in the Italian version :-P).

Dan did you like SW7?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
I thought that Episode VII was the perfect blend of old practical effects with modern CGI. Sure I can understand that it's not entirely original but I was just so happy to be back in the Star Wars Universe again that I loved this movie.

I was 14 when Episode I was released so I was the right age to enjoy everything about it. I have no problems with the pod race section, in fact it was one of my favourite scenes of the film as I already had played the game and got a real kick out of spotting Ben Quadinaros and co on the starting line up.

It's a bit too early to say what the legacy of this movie will be, but I find it refreshing that the main heroes aren't just your typical white male that is the lead in every other movie. Also BB8 is just awesome!! Me and friends have been talking about the plot and characters non-stop since seeing it, trying to work out where the story will go with the final two installments and it's great to have that sense of not knowing everything again.

For anyone interesting in seeing this movie I would suggest you avoid social media until you do, as there's quite a few spoilers about and I'm glad I got to see the movie without them being ruined for me.

May the force be with you!
Edited by danilochka, Dec 18 2015, 02:28 AM.
Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
SPOILERS!!!

Edited by italia64, Dec 18 2015, 08:47 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I almost looked italia! >_<

I was supposed to see it yesterday, but got sidetracked. Today i got to see it though in 3D.

It is the most beautifully constructed STAR WARS film.

This can be taken or internalized a number of different ways, and i am thankful for that! It is all true, one way or another.
There are however quite a few members here older than i, and i would have to urge them to see it for themselves.

#TeamKylo
Edited by No64DD, Dec 21 2015, 09:09 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Just saw it today. Thank you, Disney. Thank you!!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
I was very underwhelmed with this movie. :/

I'd give it a 6/10.
Posted Image

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
I thought this was a great movie! I'm very excited to see where episode 8 and 9 takes us.

SPOILERS!!!!!

I give the movie an 8/10. It is a great way to bring back the saga!
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
If i may, i would like to nerd out for a minute...

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I've seen it twice and am kind of a Star Wars nerd. It was a really good movie and I am really looking forward to Episode VIII.

Okay, nerd off! Lol.

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
So I'll weigh in. I'm assuming that pretty much everyone has seen it by now so...

Personally, I thought it was a great movie. It was very entertaining, had great music, a good pace, awesome visual and audio fx, and the acting was solid. Yes, it was a remake of Episode VI. However, I feel like this was all it could ever be. The prequels caught so much crap for various reasons, be it Jar Jar, both Anakin actors, the focus on politics, the over reliance on CGI, etc. that this next movie was really going to have to up the game. JJ was met with a task that I don't envy, how do you make Star Wars feel new and fresh, while at the same time make it feel like it spawned from the original trilogy?

Since this movie had the power to make or break careers depending on its success, I think he chose the safe route and made it feel very familiar to Episode VI while giving it a fresh flavor. Could it have been written more creatively? Absolutely! But I think the safe route was probably the best. Now that they have established the credibility of the new trilogy with new characters, they can be more adventurous with their screenplay.

My main gripes were the death of Han Solo and the choice of for the new Darth character. Regarding Solo, it sucks that they killed him off but I get why it was done. Ford isn't exactly the youngest guy in the world any more and despite getting a nostalgia trip when he walked on screen, it still didn't feel the same. Ford has aged, a lot, since he last played Solo, and it just wasn't the same. In a way, it had to end in order to make way for new heroes.

The new protagonist on the other hand, I just found completely obnoxious. Ignoring that he killed Solo, I just found him to be a little whiny and a cry baby, too much so to be a threatening enemy. He just has one of those faces you love to hate.

Other than that, I was happy with the movie. I saw it twice in theaters. I will own it on Blu-ray. I love Star Wars, original, prequel, or otherwise, so its difficult for me to feel it was bad.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I also really like that Kylo was kind of whiny. I think that will be what makes him a great Sith character. He'll have serious anger issues and have an even more difficult time controlling them. Also I love the light saber effects and sounds in this movie.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Yeah, Kylo is kind of a Tony Soprano sith. A bad dude who is a bit neurotic.

I didn't love casting Adam Driver either. I am not a fan of his character in "Girls" where he plays a not-so-good looking and very awkward young man the lead female character is (was?) incredibly attracted to. Hard to shake that image. But not a major deal...i think he played Kylo well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: