Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 08:52 PM (2,141 Views)
TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Yup we all love the characters. I'm happy Harrison Ford is actually motivated to act in the movie. (He's looked bored as hell throughout his past few films, ha.) Fingers crossed there's some Chewy in there too. Behind the scenes though, the most positive detail is that Lawrence Kasdan is the co-writer with JJ Abrams. This is huge. The man played an extensive role in writing Empire and Jedi, not to mention Raiders of the Lost Ark too. He rounded out and perfected the original Star Wars trilogy. Most sequels and reboots suck these days, the exceptions are the ones with great writers attached.

Like most 90's kids I loved the prequels, but also like most 90's kids watching them over again as an adult I've found out how shockingly awful they really are. :D I looked into why the prequels were so disappointing compared to the originals and found one big answer. Kasdan wasn't hired as a writer for the prequels. George Lucas thought he could handle the whole writing thing by himself, but unfortunately George's script was an utter mess. Bland and nonsensical. Most fans credit Kasdan as the main level-headed guy keeping Lucas in check, molding the Star Wars story into the legendary tale we know it as. So yeah, the thing I'm most hyped about is Kasdan. Let's pray it's as good as the Star Trek reboot! The franchise needs it, desperately. I'm desperate. lol. I kinda gave up on Star Wars a few years ago, I really want to love it again. JJ Abrams is a great director as well with a good sense of what audiences find entertaining, I'm sure he'll deliver. Right?

Posted Image :wub: RUUUUUrhrGUGUGHRhghghghrRURURUghGHrrrrrr!!!

Edited by TNT737373, Apr 30 2014, 01:28 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
Cabanon
Apr 30 2014, 10:26 AM
am I the only one not liking Star Wars ?
Posted Image

If all you've ever seen is the prequels, forget about them. Forget anything with Jar Jar ever existed. Ha. Watch the original 1977 Star Wars on Blu-ray, if you don't like it. Then you really don't like it. Some people just don't like spacey sci-fi stuff. It's cool.

TNT737373
Member Avatar
Veteran
NO64DD
Apr 30 2014, 08:14 PM
As a Xamster, i'm a little worried i haven't heard from GL...
and STILL waiting on a callback from my booking agent!

Uhm, what's a Xamster? :D

Also George Lucas has very little influence on episode 7, if you haven't heard from him you should be thankful. lol

« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply