Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 29 2014, 08:52 PM (2,102 Views)
Norcal
Member Avatar

It's awesome that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are returning to reprise their original roles. And John WIlliams doing the music again is just icing on the cake.

Quote:

After more than a year of speculation, the cast for "Star Wars: Episode VII" has finally come into focus. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will reprise their original franchise roles in director J.J. Abrams' sequel, where they'll be joined by actors Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. Many of those actors had been previously linked to "Episode VII" in some capacity through various trade reports.

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII.' It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again," Abrams said in a statement. "We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Ford, Hamill and Fisher will, respectively, play iconic "Star Wars" fixtures Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the new film. (According to Deadline.com's Mike Fleming, Ford, who turns 72 this year, will have a "gigantic role" in "Episode VII.")

Written by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (the pair took over for original writer Michael Arndt) and directed by Abrams, "Star Wars: Episode VII" is due out in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-cast_n_5229727.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Norcal
Member Avatar

The Red Shadow
Apr 30 2014, 09:02 AM
Things are looking up for this movie but I want to see more, as I always do, before I really commit. I have to echo TNT's thoughts above about the prequels. I loved them back then, still love them now but I'm more accepting of the fact that they were pretty crappy as a whole. I think I'm more disappointed about the Star Wars games that were recently cancelled and the fact that I won't be able to play Battlefront 3 than I am that this movie might suck.
Yeah, it sucks that Battlefront 3 was cancelled but at least DICE is making one in 2015. Lets hope they don't screw it up :p

http://dice.se/games/star-wars-battlefront/
Posted Image

Norcal
Member Avatar

bluedogrulez
May 1 2014, 08:08 AM
DeeMoney
May 1 2014, 05:31 AM
Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
I liked them too, DeeMoney and think they have a bad rap. Granted, Jar Jar was bad and Hayden wasn't so hot in II, but they were all enjoyable for me (many, many times) and III was outstanding. Thinking they could match one's nostalgic childhood love for IV-VI is unfair and a bit foolhardy.
Yeah, I never understood the almost obsessive hate towards them. I mean i'll admit Episode 1 wasn't that great or exciting, but Episode 2 wasn't bad and 3 was one of the best in my opinion.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · TV, Movies, Music & Other Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply