Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness; May Game of the Month
Topic Started: May 1 2014, 04:28 PM (352 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Legacy of Darkness is your winner. I personally haven't ever gotten to play it. I played a bit of Symphony of the Night, but that is the end of my exposure to the series.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Another game I haven't played but, if what people said about it basically being an enhanced version of Castlevania for the N64 (a game I actually own) is true, then it's okay in my book. :yeah:
Posted Image

action
a triple AAA game from konami. konami ruled the snes with games like turtles in time, castlevania IV, vampire's kiss, sunset riders, probotector, parodius, batman returns,... but this game, was the only konami blockbuster on the N64. this game marks one of the last big exclusive games that konami brought to a nintendo home console. we had twin snakes but that was something too little too late and was not original. future big franchises from konami would only be released on other home consoles (MGS series, castlevania lament of innocence, castlevania curse of darkness, castlevania lords of shadow).

so this is a game to be treasured, for that reason alone.

this last great nintendo game from konami, did not dissapoint.

4 playable characters. big environments, many levels. lots of items and weapons. a creepy atmosphere. many platform elements. it's for me the best 3D castlevania. it still has platform elements, and has separate levels with a beginning and an ending, kind of like the old 2D castlevanias. not like the metroidvanias where you get lost easily. it's fairly straightforward.

high res mode is a delight to watch. framerate drops somewhat, but that a common complaint with N64 games. even goldeneye had framedrops here and there. its no big deal.

one of the crown jewels of any N64 collection.

if people claim that the N64 is only good for nintendo games, this game is always one i show them along with duke nukem zero hour, indiana jones, resident evil 2, turok, world driver championship, shadow man, rogue squadron, 007 TWINE and top gear rally

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
Ive been definetley watching these games on youtube and they are really awesome in my opinion. Very underrated in my opinion as alot of people think these games suck. Definetley deserves a game of the month
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

Saunders095
just picked this up on amazon..cant wait to play it again it been years

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply