Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Full List of N64 Variations (so far: 167!!).; of what we know of..
Topic Started: May 18 2014, 06:32 AM (17,662 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee

danilochka
Dec 31 2016, 01:15 PM
It's also worth mentioning that there is also a third, minor variant of this bundle, one I have come across a few times so there are significant numbers of it out there. I presume it's an early (perhaps 1st print) of the slipcovers, where the both "The Legend of" and "Ocarina of Time" are missing from the Zelda preview on the back of the box. Basically it looks like a layering misprint that went unnoticed for a few batches:
Posted Image

@danilochka,
Nice!!
Look at the Zelda screenshot. It is an early version of the game, meaning this was well before 4th quarter 1998!
Edited by No64DD, Dec 31 2016, 03:05 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Look at the Super Mario 64 one! Haha :shades:
Edited by danilochka, Dec 31 2016, 01:36 PM.
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Dude!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Love it danilochka. The amount of time and thought that goes into your posts is amazing. I am sure you have heard from me somewhere round the forums before, but I feel compelled to say it again, I was a lucky receiver of the Goldeneye 007 sleeve variant back in Christmas 1998 and I very much remember the Mario 64 sleeve variant being the alternative. I am very fond of this time period, as I was a 9 year old lad and the N64 made my Christmas and still to this day brings me joy and satisfaction. Good times.

To combat your thesis about stores being able to bundle up the consoles. So did they receive consoles without the seal of approval and it is stores responsibility to put these stickers on? I assumed Nintendo would have put these seals on as soon as the contents were all boxed up? In which case it must have been done in the production process and not in store? I have my original (picture below) and the official seal was on the box which we obviously had to slice. The Goldeneye cart and manual came in the box so would have been put in before the seals.

What do you think?

Posted Image
Edited by Milage007, Dec 31 2016, 02:22 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it’s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can’t feed the poor’

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Ah yeah you're right, well done Mileage, I clearly didn't think of that!

I presume everything was assembled in the factory and sticker sealed there before it was shipped out, so the original slipcover release must have been shipped to stores like that.

However I'm not sure that's the case with the newer full box version. Has anyone seen one with the sticker seals? The version I purchased was brand new and still flat packed without any sticker seals.
Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
after more then half a year. (Finally) another new N64 found!
This is the best one yet!

because of douchbag-bucket I`ll link it instead:

https://www.consolevariations.com/2017/07/25/new-n64-discovered-from-asia/

So..
Nintendo 64, from Taiwan, with N64DD sticker, and with pikachu on it, and addition text.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
If memory serves me right, as I don't have it here with me, the box variant you link to is the "later" Taiwan version. The older one doesn't have the three bullet points and the rectangle with the yellow text. I believe these details were added in an effort to dissipate any doubts that the console was made especially for Taiwan and was fully compatible with local standards.

The Pikachu sticker was standard on this box. Further confirms it was a late version which advertised the ill-fated expansion.

Ugeoo
No64DD
Jun 24 2014, 08:36 AM
Italia, that console set is all one would ever need in life! maybe <_>

Also, i got the "unknown" asain console translated... Danilochka was correct :yeah:

It is in chinese (Mandarin)

The grey characters say

新加坡: Singapore
馬来西亞: Malaysia
印度尼西亞: Indonesia

PAL SYSTEM

The circular nintendo seal is the giveaway.
i would like to see the AC adapter on those consoles!
Salut ! Vous vendez ou échangez cette console?

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Hello.
I do not own this console.
So far, there are only a few examples of this console in the hands of collectors.
Edited by No64DD, Dec 5 2017, 07:34 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

darkado
Member Avatar
Is the Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia variation hard to come by at all? I've ran across a guy that has four of them, brand new. That wouldn't be strange at all if not for the fact that he's in Europe. The story is that he imported a full shipping container of them back in 1996.

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
Some Asian stuff found its way to Europe through shops and sellers ordering through their contacts, as price was interesting and the stuff didn't sell very well in the original markets. Besides, this Asian N64 is a Japanese console sold with a European 220V 2-pin plug (aka ready to use in Europe, except the UK). For the UK you have the HK version lol.

They are basically Japanese consoles with different plugs and localised box/manual/bottom sticker. and localised rf unit to work where it was supposed to.
Edited by Tyree_Cooper, Dec 21 2017, 10:41 PM.

Nicky64
Hello all! First post here, found the forum by getting this thread in a Google search. I was wanting to buy a nice boxed US Grey console to get back into my N64 days but see there are a few variations to choose from. From what I can tell so far there are 3 different backs to these basic bundles, I'm guessing spanning from launch to the end of their product cycle. Curious if anyone here can actually date these and how the serial number on the consoles inside should correspond. Thanks in advance, here are the box backs! The third one is the most unusual to me, I don't see that one very often and the bar code almost looks like it was never printed on at the bottom right (unless it's torn off).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Nicky64, Mar 31 2018, 12:27 PM.

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: