Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Full List of N64 Variations (so far: 167!!).; of what we know of..
Topic Started: May 18 2014, 06:32 AM (18,594 Views)
Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
Too many sticker variants down in South America :eh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
If memory serves me right, as I don't have it here with me, the box variant you link to is the "later" Taiwan version. The older one doesn't have the three bullet points and the rectangle with the yellow text. I believe these details were added in an effort to dissipate any doubts that the console was made especially for Taiwan and was fully compatible with local standards.

The Pikachu sticker was standard on this box. Further confirms it was a late version which advertised the ill-fated expansion.

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
Some Asian stuff found its way to Europe through shops and sellers ordering through their contacts, as price was interesting and the stuff didn't sell very well in the original markets. Besides, this Asian N64 is a Japanese console sold with a European 220V 2-pin plug (aka ready to use in Europe, except the UK). For the UK you have the HK version lol.

They are basically Japanese consoles with different plugs and localised box/manual/bottom sticker. and localised rf unit to work where it was supposed to.
Edited by Tyree_Cooper, Dec 21 2017, 10:41 PM.

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply