Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Full List of N64 Variations (so far: 167!!).; of what we know of..
Topic Started: May 18 2014, 06:32 AM (16,276 Views)
DarkLink
Member Avatar
Ok let's see:

First of all we have to clarify what a box variation is.
For Example: For me this japanese charcoal and this one are 2 different box variations.

So we either have to make 2 lists or agree that slight differences don't count. Personally I think they do count. And I think you do to because you added the Brazil Clear Black (Smoke)

This being said you are missing out on:

- The above example
- The Japanese Midnight Blue
- There is a North American Pokemon/Pikachu Version from Toys R Us that you mentioned, but there is also this version without the gadgets.
- The 5 Other Brazil Funtastics (Anis, Tangerina, Kiwi, Cereja and Uva) You mentioned Jabuticava

Maybe I can find more. That's it for now. Nice Topic.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DarkLink
Member Avatar
No it is not a Sticker, it's printed on. Actually this version is very unique and special. It is the first version of all N64 consoles ever to come out from June 1996.

The big success of the first Pokemon games that came out end of february 1996 (red and green) led to the marketing decision to release the new console (N64) with rare Pokemon playing cards. There was THIS set of Pokemon Cards included. If you look closely you can see them on the white circle print. Later the next box prints did not have the cards anymore.

Getting the console with the white print is therefore pretty easy,it's all over the place if you pay attention to it, getting the cards that were delivered with it in mint or new condition on the other hand is a f***ing pain.

This is also another box variation. It seems that in Italy a company called "GiG Electronics" had its own distributor rights to N64. Their logo is on all of the boxed hardware (Controllers etc.) and the console: Therefore it's a diffrent variation
Edited by DarkLink, May 19 2014, 01:08 PM.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
As far as I am concerned only official releases count. Technically it is a variation 1. It didn't come in a box, and this topic is about box variations and 2. It's a prototype I wouldn't count.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
This might be a little much to ask. But maybe we can even find out to which regions or countries the different packs were exclusive to? I'm going to start some research on this now.
Edited by DarkLink, May 22 2014, 11:43 AM.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Wow danilochka,

This list is...AMAZING! Thank you so much

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Do we already have this one? I see them one in a while.

ECTS

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Very nice find. Looks awesome, too.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I have pm'd you the pics of my "I love Techno Value Pack" and my EU Smoke Black. I also have a EU Sun Orange but its buried somewhere in the basement.

EDIT:
I have also found a new Box Variation from Brasil if I am not mistaken :)
The Jabuticaba Edition bundled with Perfect Dark
Edited by DarkLink, Jul 3 2015, 09:59 AM.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
This normal Scandinavian Charcoal should qualify for another variation. It has the same Mario sticker on it as the DK Version, but it's a normal charcoal.

Somehow I believe that Nintendo Scandinavia was a little less conservative as of how to pack these. Include a Mario game here and there, or put overstock consoles into battle Sets as seen here

DarkLink
Member Avatar
oh my.. how did I not see it in the list? :blink:
However, really nice finds danilochka and thanks for the background information, the sticker system makes a lot more sense to me now.
137! That's pretty insane

DarkLink
Member Avatar
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we crack the 150 some day, but I don't want to tempt faith.
I really love the new layout, looks awesome.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Spot the difference is a fun game :D
Nice find

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Arrrghh! You beat me to posting this :D I was just going to report it.
I think this is a great find and as you mentioned somewhat more of a proof that all 7 must exist. Exiting news :)

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Wow, that truly is one of the beauty variations out there. Great find.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Nice find Vinyl :)

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I didn't think it would ever arrive and got a little worried it may be a scam, but after 2 weeks it finally did.

A few noticeable things:
1. The box is gigantic - I was not able to compare it to a original just yet but it is certainly one of the biggest boxes
2. The box is a Top Opener - Similar to the Japanese Versions it just lifts. I actually do not know a single EU Variant until now that has that.
3. The Ball is the one from 1994, that means the ball on the picture is a different one...I'm pretty sure it is the original one that came with it though
4. The Mario Game advertised on the Cover is not included, maybe lost.
5. There is also no Styrofoam. I am almost certain it was lost over the years. Can't imagine it came without any support in the box.
6. No signs of a pin or any additional gadgets.

Here the pics I took. Enjoy:

Front
Posted Image

Back
Posted Image

All sides the same:
Posted Image

Content
Posted Image

Ball
Posted Image

Any specific Pics wanted? Just ask and I'll proveide them :D

DarkLink

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Here are 2 close-ups. If you click onto my photobucket you can enlarge the pics with the magnefine glass top right to see everything clearly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

At this point I could imagine that it may have been a event of some sort, that would explain other Nintendo World Cup live merchandise like the pin, although it is not advertised on the box.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I have to say that I can't make my self a Rhyme of this jungle green set? Maybe sealed by the store? But that oval Sticker on the front looks pretty official to me

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Omg Danilochka. Great finds. Where the heck do you get these pics from. Are you google Datamining? :D
It is so cool that we keep finding new awesome editions.
They tend to be more exotic everytime around.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
The titel of the poster says: "The Yoshi's are in football (soccer) fever - The Gameplan for the world championship 1998"
After that are all the team brackets of the qualifying nations, that were determined by lottery. The second half of the poster are: quarter finals, semi-finals, final

You are menat to pencil in the results yourselve. It's a interesting find, as it uses the same logo as on the Portugal World Cup Bundle. The Yoshi part I can't really figure out. Maybe just Promotion without a actual merch or console item.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
Ok, mind blown! Twice!

1. Really nice find on the Taiwanese Clear Black Vinyl, that changes alot! And gratz on the purchase. I want that :D
2. Dani swings arround again and comes up with this really interesting DD Variation. Awesome! It's so unfair you didn't win a award this year dude!

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply