Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The World Is Not Enough; June Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 05:01 PM (569 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
It won by a narrow margin in the vote off. I played a brief few moments of it ages ago. I always meant to go back for more, but never did <_<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
It's a great game. It has been swept under the rug by Goldeneye (which I believe is a better game) but it still offers plenty of great gaming moments. I remember playing TWINE a lot with my friend when I was younger because the multiplayer had the ability to run bots. Bots are something that would have been great in Goldeneye and this allowed you to make teams and play with or against your friends.

The single player was also pretty fun, its an all around good game that was over looked because it was not made by Rare
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

zaph
Member Avatar
Established Member
I remember playing TWINE a LOT at my friend's house since he had it. He didnt have the memory pak, so we could never save the game. And because of his strict step-dad he could never let the console run over night. So we more or less came to the exact same stage every time we played, but never futher. I think the level was nr 6, Night Watch. All the :cussfit: security guards. Didn't help much that neither of us knew enough english to understand the objectives.
Ah, the memories. :D
Edited by zaph, Jun 2 2014, 07:18 PM.
- Did you know I'm utterly insane?

:n64: PAL Cart Only Collection: 35/243 :n64:

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I think it was overall a decent game. Of course it was never going to be another Goldeneye having not been made by Rare so I did find it a bit of a come down. I enjoyed playing through the solo player though and definitely one to have in the collection. I think the biggest floor was the inability to save though because I only had a joy tech memory card back in the day and it was shocking always corrupting. I also had Perfect Dark before this so the multiplayer never got a look in for me...

:shades:
Edited by Milage007, Jun 2 2014, 11:57 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

action
for me it wasnt straight forward action packed enough like goldeneye. it was too filmic to my taste. also, the level blueprints could have been better (not the graphics as generally i dont care for graphics). i could not find a level with as much action as a facility level for example

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
It was ok, think i got to maybe the 2nd or 3rd level before stopping, I will go back to it though
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Sweet! It made it! I re-played this a couple years ago, but I'll pull it out again. It really is a pretty good game. It's only shortcoming is that it isn't GoldenEye... which isn't really fair to the game.

If you go into it and let it be its own thing, it's a lot of fun!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Pimpin Mainer
Jun 2 2014, 06:35 PM
It has been swept under the rug by Goldeneye (which I believe is a better game) but it still offers plenty of great gaming moments.
This. My friend owns the game and he would always go on and on about how terrible it is when it's actually pretty good. I mean granted he does also have Goldeneye 007 and, if given the choice, I'd choose Goldeneye any day, but I honestly had fun with the game.

I actually saw the PS1 version at a thrift store and bought it thinking it was the same thing (they were both published by EA) but, unfortunately, the PS1 version doesn't have multiplayer. It's still a decent game, but I prefer the N64 version for sure.
Posted Image

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Had fun with it back in the day but every time I try to go back to the game it fails to keep my interest. Shall keep trying though as I have some good memories of being happy it was more film like and less like Goldeneye, so even back then it was nice it was different as Goldeneye was untouchable.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

super_joker
Member Avatar
Established Member
I love this game.

Funny story, growing up I absolutely hated GoldenEye I ha never experienced such a game, so I would get pounding head aches and nausea. WTF right??

But when TWINE came out I loved every minute, I reckon it's in my top 10.

:link:
PRESS START
Posted Image
PRESS START

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
A nightmare
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC6n5Q_33_M
Posted Image
Posted Image