Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
MK8 Tourney SATURDAY, 12/3 @ 10:30PM EDT; Code: 8073-6384-4485
Topic Started: Jun 3 2014, 07:57 PM (6,239 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I set up an N64Forever.com "Tournament" in the online menu of Mario Kart 8. It runs every night at 10:30 pm U.S Eastern Daylight Savings Time (New York City time).

Code: 8073-6384-4485

So if you are karting at that time, check it out; you might be able to race against fellow members here for fun and MK8 excitement.

UPDATE: We'll try to schedule races for Friday nights at 10:30 pm NYC time.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Guys, I'm new to all this, but here's what we've got.

The "N64Forever.com" Tournament [Code: 8073-6384-4485] is on online space where we can meet up and race ANYTIME. Before 10:30PM EDT, it's "practice", but who cares, it's racing against each other for fun. At 10:30PM, the races count towards some standings, which frankly, again, should just be for fun. I know I'd prefer to get schooled by one of you than some 5th grader hopped up on Red Bull, lol.

The only catch is you need two or more people to start a race. So if you see a Friend online, think about meeting up in our Tourney space.

AND if any of you want to promote a tournament on a specific night, please use the Let's Play It Together thread to arrange it. Grizzmeister is already proposing this Friday night, so mark your calendars :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Okay, guys, it's Friday here in the states. We are trying to get an N64Forever.com races together in the Tournament section of the online portion of MK8. Hope to see you online at 10:30PM EST (NYC) time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'll be there! :w00t:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I'm planning on being there. Trying to talk my wife into coming along too. =)
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
It's Thursday here in the States, so time to gauge interest in Friday night MK8 races starting at 10:30 EDT (New York City Time). Hoping this time works for members here in the States and in Canada, and possible those in Australia enjoying a (sometime mythical) lazy Saturday. And for any of our European friends who just aren't sleepy :D

Remember, its the "N64Forever.com" Tournament, Code: 8073-6384-4485

Oh, spouses, GFs, and siblings are all welcome!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'd also like to mention that the races are just for fun and are not to be taken too seriously. It's all about having some laughs with friends. :)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Yes, great point. There are no, I repeat, no Gold E3 controllers being awarded to the winners of any race X_D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Mrs. Kart and I should be able to make it again. =)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Could I make a time for regional because I might not make to this 10:30 edt NY cause have a something on that day
Edited by Boomdiers, Jun 12 2014, 03:21 PM.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
What day/time did you have in mind, Boomdiers?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guite
Member Avatar
I've only played twice so far since I got my copy late and I've been pretty busy, but I should be able to play tomorrow :)
Nintendo Network ID: Guitee
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2469-6451
PSN ID: EGuite

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
9 pm AEST Friday for people that who might not able make the 10:30pm ny time
Edited by Boomdiers, Jun 12 2014, 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Okay, so far it looks like:

Grizzmeister
Kartmaster &
Mrs. Kartmaster
Guitee
bluedogrulez

:yoshi: Should be fun! Hope more can join for some MK8 fun! :yoshi:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Jun 13 2014, 08:31 AM
:yoshi: Should be fun! Hope more can join for some MK8 fun! :yoshi:
I hope more join too. The more the merrier! :D

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Sorry I disappeared. My son woke up and I went to tend to him, then we had a connection issue. Did everybody leave? Or did you anyone else have trouble getting reconnected?
Edited by kartmaster, Jun 13 2014, 08:59 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
Mind if I drop in? :yeah:
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Jun 13 2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry I disappeared. My son woke up and I went to tend to him, then we had a connection issue. Did everybody leave? Or did you anyone else have trouble getting reconnected?
The match ended because the number of races limit had been reached. When I got booted out I started watching Vice.

We did have some very intense races, though. I'm very much looking forward to doing it again. :yeah:

Posted Image

Guite
Member Avatar
Yeah I was kicked out twice and once was for matches being completed. However I believe everytime that happened the people kicked out started a different tournament so we kept having two going at once with a couple in each.

There were a couple of us in http://web.bgwillers.com/n64foreverirc.html and talking which is why I know this ^_^

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@grizz, we kept racing. Fistonik, Spidercolt joined. It was fun. Hopefully next time we can get everyone together (to witness your dominance, lol)

Thanks to Grizz, Kartmaster, Mrs. Kartmaster, Guite, Spidercolt, Fistonik for participating!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Jun 13 2014, 10:01 PM
@grizz, we kept racing. Fistonik, Spidercolt joined. It was fun. Hopefully next time we can get everyone together (to witness your dominance, lol)
It'd be great to get a full room of twelve racers!

I'm hardly dominant. :-8 Maybe I did well in a few of the early races but you guys were definitely making a strong comeback before I was saved by the bell and kicked from the server. I'm sure you guys will make short work of me and my Wario next time around. :wario:

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
We are once again on like :dk: ! So far, it looks like the following members will be participating: @ 10:30 EDT (NYC time):

Kartmaster (and perhaps Mrs. Kartmaster)
Fistonik (and perhaps Papa Fistonik)
Grizzmeister
Boomdiers ("Mr. 2100" :D )
Kel & Amy (aka KelamyAUS)
and BDR

Remember, if you sign in early, you can do practice runs, but I think it may cause you to miss out on racing with those that join at 10:30. The "counted" races end at about 11:00, but if you want to race more, sign back in for more "practice" runs. Again, this is for fun and not a competition, so they are really all practice runs, lol.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jun 20 2014, 08:06 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guite
Member Avatar
I'm having some friends over so I'll probably be hosting my own local "tournament" but depending on when they leave I may be able to hop on and play on here as well. I just hope that everyone who will be participating realizes that if people start dropping, they have probably been kicked and that there is another group on so they could try and rejoin to get back with the others (not sure if that is how it works though ^_^ )

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
An MK8 party . . . that is excellent, Guite! Hey, if your friends have an online ranking of less than 4,500, they are welcome to join, lol. Otherwise, hope you are able to join us afterwards.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
I will be there be warned I'm very good,been practicing online :D just passed 2100 on mk8

And reminder when playing mk8 be sure pop in here to chat
http://web.bgwillers.com/n64foreverirc.html
Edited by Boomdiers, Jun 20 2014, 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Boomdiers
Jun 20 2014, 05:28 AM
I will be there be warned I'm very good,been practicing online :D just passed 2100 on mk8
We've got items with your name on them. :lol:
Edited by Grizzmeister, Jun 20 2014, 06:29 AM.

Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
We will try and make it this time, should be home. I think I need a bit of practice though!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Every time I've joined I've done so through my Friends List. I just look up bluedog and join whatever lobby he's in. I've never used the 8073-6384-4485 code.

It's great if people race with a competitive spirit. I myself never hold anything back but the neat thing about Mario Kart is that the items have a way of leveling the playing field. That's why I say it's best not to take the races too seriously. Just give yourself to it and have fun.

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
And the karts. Those slicks and roller wheels are great on pavement, but put them in the jungle and struggles ensue.

Very excited to have some of our Aussie members join!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Jun 20 2014, 08:03 AM
And the karts. Those slicks and roller wheels are great on pavement, but put them in the jungle and struggles ensue.
Great point, Andy. I don't think there's a single configuration in MK8 that's universally dominant. The heavies are great for top speed but they're usually slow off the line which means they don't often get the early coins. Lightweights also have the advantage of getting to the item box first which may provide a tactical advantage.

Let's all do our best but let us never lose sight of the fact that Mario Kart is all about having fun. If you don't do too well tonight don't worry, you can always avenge yourself next Friday. :lol:

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming Competitions & Achievements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: