Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
MK8 Tourney SATURDAY, 12/3 @ 10:30PM EDT; Code: 8073-6384-4485
Topic Started: Jun 3 2014, 07:57 PM (6,011 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I set up an N64Forever.com "Tournament" in the online menu of Mario Kart 8. It runs every night at 10:30 pm U.S Eastern Daylight Savings Time (New York City time).

Code: 8073-6384-4485

So if you are karting at that time, check it out; you might be able to race against fellow members here for fun and MK8 excitement.

UPDATE: We'll try to schedule races for Friday nights at 10:30 pm NYC time.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
kartmaster
Nov 29 2016, 08:28 PM
Oh man. I better put in some practice laps!
Practice?!? We talkin' about practice?!? :rofl:

I'm having a hard time even remembering some of the original tracks, like the race in the clouds or the underwater one. I'm sure it will all come back to me . . . as you all are waiting at the finish line for me to finish. :D

I just hope we get a healthy dose of Bowser's Castle and its kickin' theme.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I have elevated my chance of playing now to 50% 😅

If I do play I probably won't be that great, but who cares, im so keen just for the fun and get together of it all 😊

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
D.J Cat
Dec 1 2016, 10:13 AM
If I do play I probably won't be that great, but who cares, im so keen just for the fun and get together of it all 😊
That's the best way to look at it. Who cares if you win or lose as long as you have fun.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Dec 1 2016, 01:11 PM
D.J Cat
Dec 1 2016, 10:13 AM
That's the best way to look at it. Who cares if you win or lose as long as you have fun.
I want you all to remember Grizz's advice if I happen to be in the lead at some point and you happen to get a blue shell. Just because your have a blue shell doesn't mean you have to use it :P :dance: X_D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Kart 8 is so frantic that regardless of what item I get I almost always use it immediately. :lol:

I feel fairly certain that I'll be driving the Mercedes W25 Saturday night but I'm having a really tough time deciding which glider and tires to use. :unsure:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Not too sure how available I will be this weekend due to work, but keen to hear or even watch how it goes and interested in future events 👍

Cabanon
Elite
if anyone stream this little competition, lemme us know. That'd be very fun to watch !

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
2 hours and counting! We'll be ready!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
In about 2 hours the best Mario Kart tournament this side of Nintendo World Championships will begin and I'm super excited for it. I've got my Wii-u on next to me in case I decide to get in some practice races and I freaking love the multiplayer lobby music. Super relaxing.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
For some reason, we were able to join the tournament, spectated the end of a practice match and then the tournament opened and went to the course select screen, and no one else has shown up? Not sure what it is doing. Left and come back, and it is still showing the same thing for us :(
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Really sorry about that. Maybe we should reset the lobby. Unfortunately Mario Karts online chat sucks so I can't tell anyone to stop the lobby. Isn't there a place to turn off the dlc tracks somewhere? Maybe you have them turned on
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
We haven't got the DLC tracks at all, because our original console stopped working, so we haven't bought them again. BDR was doing the 32 original tracks with the tournament so we should have been alright joining, so not sure what has happened.
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I spectated a match then it let me join so that's odd. I still wish bluedog would see this and just reset the lobby to see if that would help.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 3 2016, 10:18 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Great racing tonight, folks. It was lots of fun! Hey Shellshocker18, were you ??? from Tennessee? If so then you've got some mad racing skills. :yeah:

About joining races, if it kicks you out of the tournament then you have to get in by joining a friend. I used to do that all the time by joining BDR because I used to have that same exact issue when we were originally doing the tourneys.

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Yeah I've always been "???" Since the Wii came out. Remember the race in boo Mansion where I didn't race for 20 seconds and still came in first. That's mad skillz bro :smokin: But yeah I had a great time. We should try again in a few weeks so Kelamy and D.J Cat can maybe play.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 3 2016, 10:54 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Great racing tonight, folks! Some epic battles there between Grizz and Shellshocker. I could only muster one or two second places, but man that was fun. I will never consider the Wii U a failed system because MK8 is positively glorious!

@KelamyAUS: sry you got kicked out! Not sure why it did that...our tourney is open to the public so i don't understand what happened. Would have been great to race with you again.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

KelamyAUS
Member Avatar
We've added a couple of you as friends on our new account, so we will try and get in that way if it does the same thing next time.
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
It was good times last night. The middle of the pack is such a rough place to be. There were a couple races I clawed my way to second and never even saw first place.

Mrs. Kart gets so frustrated, she kept saying, "WHAT'S THEIR PING? I HIT THEM, OMG!" Ha ha. But she is so competitive, she was fired up about all things the rest of the night.

I had to laugh on DK Jungle, coming to the line and BDR took a banana to the face right before the finish, ha ha. That's Mario Kart for ya.

Great racing Shell and Grizz. You guys definitely set the pace.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Mario Kart 8 is a drop-dead gorgeous game but there's no denying that it has flaws. One of the biggest issues with the game is the item distribution which doesn't really allow racers towards the middle or back of the pack to make spectacular comebacks. This is quite a contrast from previous installments in the franchise and part of the reason why many of the Mario Kart cognoscenti dislike MK8.

I will say that the netcode is fairly solid in 8 and was especially so last night since all the human controlled racers were in the United States. I remember racing with Boomdiers (who resided in Australia, if I recall correctly) and seeing him teleport all over the track during our races. None of that happened last night as far as I saw.

Apparently Nintendo is aware that the item distribution in Mario Kart 8 deviated too far from the norm as it appears the Switch version, which some are calling Mario Kart 8.1, will restore the ability to carry two items at a time. Hopefully this will rekindle the magic and excitement of the multiplayer racing masterpiece many of us here revere called Mario Kart 64. :)

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@kartmaster: yeah, i have to admit I nearly chucked my controller at the end of DK Jungle. I went from like 2nd to 9th or something in the blink of an eye.

My only bone of contention is that your kart needs immunity for a second or two after recovering from a spin out. The multiple hits (sometimes three or four hits in a row) is a bit much.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
It's getting the perfect balance between pleasing the hardcore and the casual fans.

I think Mario Kart DS was too much toward the hard-core (maybe unintentionally) with how over the top the snaking was and maybe a few games since have been too kind to the casual.

As you might suspect, I think Mario Kart 64 absolutely nailed it 👍

Still can't wait to get stuck in to these in the future. 👍

« Previous Topic · Gaming Competitions & Achievements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: