Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Best looking console; Which one is your favourite?
Topic Started: Jun 26 2014, 07:50 AM (2,843 Views)
sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I really like the Grape and Ice Blue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Intendall64
Member Avatar
I'd have to go with Daiei Hawks or Fire Orange...the Orange just works!

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Fire orange or Ice blue. It is hard to decide. The water melon looks good too. Still leaning to my first two though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

jaredvar
I love the look of watermelon red and ice blue. Funtastic was great!

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
All the Funtastics are awesome, but my favs are

#1 Jungle Green
#2 Ice Blue
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I guess Ice Blue or Fire Orange for me maybe :)

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
It's interesting reading all your responses there does seem to be some commonality (I.e the funtastics) which is cool. This is exactly the reason I collected them. On a different day one to me could look more awesome that the others. So I said Watermelon / Fire Orange previously but e.g. One day I just look at the Jungle or Grape or Ice or even Smoke and think: yeah, Nintendo nailed it there. They really are awesome looking consoles and I look forward to having them on display in my game room. I have bought my shelving unit with glass doors and glass shelves on the top part which will have my 9 cool N64 consoles on: Fire Orange, Gold, Grape Purple, Ice Blue, Ice Blue & Clear, Jungle Green, Watermelon Red and Watermelon Red & Clear.

Edit: the shelving below will hold the games. 8)

:n64: :yeah:
Edited by Milage007, Apr 3 2016, 03:32 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Shangyou
Member Avatar
Dreamwalker
Am I the only one who thinks the default Charcoal Grey console is the best?
Then again I'm probably just prejudiced because it looks perfect with my 64DD haha. (Think of how amazing it would've been if they had released the 64DD in the Funtastic colours though... :w00t: )
Posted Image
Posted Image

Joseph64
Member Avatar
My favorite funtastic edition N64 is the fire orange one. my favriot looking system is the Super famicom... that thing is hot!
NES:2,Gamecube:7,Xbox360:28,N64:15:sega genesis:5,GBA:4,:GB:6,DS:13,3ds:4

Waffington
Member Avatar
My personal favourite would be the Japan and Europe exclusive blue and white one, which I'm looking into getting on eBay, actually. :yeah:

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Good choice! Here is mine.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I may have a new favorite there! :yeah:

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Wow I had to think about this for a bit :)

When it comes to the clear consoles, I like Ice Blue, Grape, and Dalei Hawks. Jungle Green is pretty good too, but Watermelon Red is too deep of a pink for me. This whole series brings back so many memories because I was around for the whole iMac explosion.

The Pikachu N64 makes me very happy personally, even if it looks weird amongst my other electronics. Out of the three colors, my favorite is definitely the dark blue that the West got. Unfortunately, that's not the model I have - I got the Japanese lighter blue one which still looks good but gives off kind of a Sega Pico/Leapfrog vibe. I don't know what they were thinking with the orange color.

I do have to give a shout out to the original color, which fits the best in my current electronics setup. My charcoal N64 and Apple TV look like they were meant for each other. In contrast, I had an issue with the Wii being white while everything else was black for a long time.

And I'm not sure if we're counting Zoki's consoles or not but have to throw those out there too ;)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

jonathancutt
I managed to score a Smoke Grey NTSC-U (technically Canadian) console today for $50 AUD (about $40 USD). It was the one I always wanted as a kid. Whilst I love the standard charcoal and it was the one I grew up with, I think I might cut out the slot for the HDMI port and switch the guts over with my current one.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: