Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Son finds his fatherís ghost waiting for him in vintage rally game
Topic Started: Jul 23 2014, 11:41 AM (452 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Wow, what a story. Right in the feels. ;_;

Son finds his father's ghost waiting for him in vintage rally game
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
This makes me think of Tron :)

Sad though >_>
Consoles: 14/16 (6 CIB)
Controllers: 24/30 (10 CIB)
Games: 285/296 (23 CIB)
Midwest USA

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Yeah... kind of a trip!
Reminds me of another article I read on Kotaku a few years back...

So much more can be gleaned about us from our game saves than we might first assume... they're really like little interactive time-capsules of our past selves' accomplishments!! ^_^ ;_;

On that note, losing my game-saves really has always (ALWAYS!) been like losing a part of my own history...

*wonders if there will come a day when the PSN servers containing all the trophy information will ever be taken down*
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Assassin's Creed: Unity, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Neurologist are saying that in the not to distant future we'll be able to record our very souls (possibly just a collection of our thoughts) for future generations to interact with.

I always enjoyed collecting copies of F-Zero X because occasionally the previous owner had thought to save their Time Trial ghost to it. In a way, it felt like I was challenging that person directly as their very essence had been saved to that cartridge in digital form. Interesting notion that in the future more than someone's best line in a racing game will be able to be stored for posterity.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Great story :yeah: and sad :(

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
These are all so sad ;_; Here is one I found a couple years back...

Animal Crossing
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Assassin's Creed: Unity, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
@floorcat
You too?
Posted Image
Posted Image

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
@floorcat.......loving Flight of the Concords. Are you a fan.? Their show was pretty funny :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Dee, I LOVE Flight of the Conchords!! :wub: :wub:
Probably the first TV series for which I'd ever seen all episodes!! (Granted, that's not saying too much, since they only lasted 2 seasons.) ;_;

I think I have pretty much all the movies they've (or at least Jemaine) starred in... the latest being What We Do in the Shadows. HILARIOUS movie. X_D

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I'll have to check those movies out. I've only just discover the tv show and am currently up to season 2. Have watched them for years down here though, performing at comedy festivals around Australia. Very underrated and funny musical humour. :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply