Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Doom 64; August Game of the Month
Topic Started: Aug 1 2014, 08:18 PM (1,153 Views)
starwolf
Established Member
The game scared the rap out of me when I rented the game back at blockbuster when the game first come out. Man did it look awesome, the sprites were much scarier and the games music was frightening, and the weapons were really cool to look at and powerful, especially the iconic super shotgun.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

starwolf
Established Member
I wish people would appreciate retro games for what they are and capable of.

starwolf
Established Member
swaaye
Sep 26 2014, 08:54 PM
starwolf
Sep 26 2014, 05:52 PM
I wish people would appreciate retro games for what they are and capable of.

What if I bought it in 97 and didn't like it much back then either? :) I did like the new aesthetic and the new effects but man Doom was tired by that time. Especially single player Doom...

I think Doom64 was Midway testing the waters and not taking many risks. It is only on a 8MB cart and they cut stuff to do this. They didn't even try for multiplayer, even when N64 was the hot new 4 player machine. That right there says cheap development investment to me. Gamespot gave it a 50% score. All for the low $60 price lol.
The game was great. I don't care what anyone says. Super shotgun, to the bfg, all the guns feel so much better than doom 1 and 2. You also can tell the games engine was a yes to see if the n64 could handle it for future games such as quake 1 and 2. Oh jeeze.

« Previous Topic · Generation One Game of the Month Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply