Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just pulled the trigger on a CRT!!
Topic Started: Aug 6 2014, 01:29 PM (2,389 Views)
LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
Nice! Haha no joke, I have a top of the line 55" flat screen but anything older than my Wii U tend to always be hooked up to one of my CRT TV's. It really does make them look better!
Consoles: 14/16 (6 CIB)
Controllers: 24/30 (10 CIB)
Games: 285/296 (23 CIB)
Midwest USA
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
Yeah recently I have played that game a bit and found it to be a little worse than others. Try Super Smash Brothers or Mario 64. Those will look better I'll bet :)
Edited by LivingGhandi, Aug 7 2014, 08:26 AM.
Midwest USA

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
You'd be surprised to find that these games that don't work are cleanable!
All you need is Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. I recommend 50-70% alcohol and about 5-10 seconds of rubbing on the pins. Most, if not all games will work just fine after this.

Try it out and thank me later :yeah:

I had a copy of Kirby's adventure for the NES that just wouldn't work. I tried cleaning it a bit and still nothing. A few months passed, and I gave it one last shot. I cleaned the connecting pins on the cartridge and now it works better than some of my others that have always worked! It's literally a gaming miracle. Let me know if you get them working.

P.S. I clean all of my games like this. Working or not. Whenever I get new ones I clean them before inserting them because if you put too many dirty games in your system, soon enough the system will get dirty itself and then no games will work. Good luck!
Midwest USA

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
Yup! I got 2 from the same person in a local ad. She was happy to see them go, and I was more than happy to take them!
Midwest USA

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
Kobeskillz
Aug 11 2014, 10:05 AM
Grizzmeister
Aug 10 2014, 07:44 PM
Kobeskillz
Aug 6 2014, 01:29 PM
I got a Sony Wega 20" KV-20FV12 tv with 2 composite and one S Video!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

Perfect for retro gaming. :yeah:
I read the specs and that really is a fantastic CRT for retro consoles like the N64.

My standard definition set is a 20 inch Toshiba 20AF44 CRT that even includes component inputs in the rear. Since the N64 doesn't support component I have it hooked up via S-Video.

It's heavy as hell though!!!
Lol, no joke I had a 32" one for a few years. Moving that thing up stairs LITERALLY took 3 grown men. Hahaha.. I don't miss it. Maybe I will get a smaller one someday.
Midwest USA

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply