Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official S Video cable
Topic Started: Sep 1 2014, 12:15 AM (3,344 Views)
Grimakis
Member Avatar
Just ordered the official one from Japan. Will comment upon arrival.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grimakis
Member Avatar
Hi,

I received my official Nintendo S-Video cable, and I noticed it was different that most I have seen. It appears as if there are two kinds of official S-Video cables from Nintendo. The one I was familiar with, is simply three wires leaving the AV out plug. The S-Video cable and the stereo audio lines.

The one I received in the mail, is one rather thick cable coming from the AV out. The cable eventually comes to a small plastic "box", where the Stereo audio, and S-Video come out as three cables.

Something to note is that the S-Video cable is much thicker than the RCA Audio cables. I wonder if this one has more shielding and/or insulation.

Is anyone else familiar with these two types of S-Video cable?

Grimakis
Member Avatar
I am using them on an NTSC system and the quality is quite good. I have them running through an XRGB mini, and the colors are better than composite, and the picture is rather sharp.

Note, I got these cables from a japanese eBayer. He noted that they were "old style". Perhaps these were originally meant for the Super Nintendo?

Regards,
george

Grimakis
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Here's a quick photo, so you can see what I mean.

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply