Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hybrid Heaven; September Game of the Month
Topic Started: Sep 1 2014, 12:04 PM (236 Views)
EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Ha ha yes! I knew months of nominating the sucker would finally put it in the spotlight!

I've actually beaten this game for the first time only a few days ago. It was my second attempt after my first attempt got cut short (thanks, memory card corruption <_< ). While the game does have some flaws (average action-adventure sections, slowdown even without the expansion pak giving the game better graphics), the game's unique combat system was too good for me to care about it's shortcomings. Do you know how hilarious it was to tackle a monster and then put it in a figure-four leglock? I was shouting "WOOOOO!" every time the move did damage. :lol: The ability to create my own combos and learn moves from my enemies was just as fun.

And that story! I won't give much away, but here's three things you need to know:

1. This game's story is insane.
2. This game's story kept me interested from beginning to end.
Spoiler: click to toggle

As someone who has never been a fan of the usual turn-based combat system in most RPGs (even in Pokemon, a series I enjoy), this was a refreshing change and one that I could not only stomach, but truly enjoy. The only sad thing about it is I'm pretty sure this is the only game that used such a combat system. :(
Edited by EnvyFox, Sep 1 2014, 12:45 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply