Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U; Official Thread
Topic Started: Sep 11 2014, 03:17 PM (2,710 Views)
Spidercolt
Member Avatar
Mario Maniac
So the roster of Super Smash Bros has been well I guess leaked by people in Japan who got the game a few days before release date. All of this was streamed on Twitch. What are your thoughts on the roster?

Spoiler: click to toggle
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Yah I saw the rooster only from a different shot:

But Question.. where the is are the "Mii" Characters located..
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Well, the most seen reactions so far are:

- OMG OMG Duckhunt, I'm finally gonna kick is behind. Why is the duck there though? Banjo-Kazzooie everyone?
- Dark Pit, Wost...Char....ever.
- Why Lucas? Why Ice Climbers? Why Snake?
- Yeah, Snake is gone!

Personally, I wish I could avoid this whole hype thing and discover the new characters as I was playing it but it's plain impossible... I also wish the WiiU version could have more characters but it seems both games will have the same roster.

PS: I'd really prefer they would include Banjo-Kazzooie instead of the Dog-Duck. Better characters, very characteristic move-set and sounds... so sad.
Edited by Nuno, Sep 12 2014, 01:37 AM.

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
if Banjo Kazooie would be there that would be instant-heart-attack-mindblowing (maybe dlc.... hopes..)

I don`t like Dark Pit / Lucina. they could be swapped for snake/ice-climbers or anyone else from the Nintendo series..
Why is Lucina not swapped with Shulk, makes sense right?

Duckhunt is Very original but also very unpredictable and .. weird, in the game. the dog 'helps' you to pick up the ducks when you shot them..
and now they team up to fight? WHOT? Also I can`t think of any moves that would relate to smash bros (maybe UP+B that the Dog holds the birds his legs to fly up..but to Cliche) Maybe the dog has a real Zapper! :D

Also its to bad they didn't listen to the fans that well, I hear ALOT of begging to put Ridley/Geno and even Bayonetta to put them in the game..

My fav character (which I never ever expected..) Shulk, Megaman, Baby Bowser and I`m very happy that Dr. Mario is back to!

Other then this all, I do think this game is going to be fantastic.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Can't wait for super smash bros wii u so going get it not for 3ds because it will be hard to use for 3ds
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
I am really excited for both the 3DS and Wii U versions. I have wanted Smash Bros portable ever since I heard they were porting Super Mario 64 to the DS. I always wondered why they didn't port Smash Bros too, but I figure it's because the DS was too weak and couldn't handle all that game could throw at it.

The roster looks pretty great, I don't know if I would change much. Other than Dark Pit. Who liked Pit in the first place? Haha, he wasn't great in Brawl. He doesn't deserve a dark version IMO. Duck Hunt Dog is weird. We will see how they've pulled that one off when the game comes out.
Consoles: 14/16 (6 CIB)
Controllers: 24/30 (10 CIB)
Games: 285/296 (23 CIB)
Midwest USA

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Maybe the Zapper is his final Smash :)

Personally, of those characters that were cut out off the series I just feel sad for Ice Climbers. As for the addictions, let's wait and see with the game in my hands :)
Other than that, I just don't get why so many Fire Emblem people in the Smash series. There's Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin and some people wanted Chrom too. With so MANY characters that a lot of people want, Fire Emblem seems just a bit over represented.
Edited by Nuno, Sep 12 2014, 09:17 AM.

Guite
Member Avatar
Personally I'm happy with the roster, but I don't like how they are moving out of the Nintendo Universe so much.
Sure, Snake was fun in Brawl and Sonic was alright, but with all of the new ones they are adding now, they are putting themselves on a path where they will be forced to bring in more and more every time.

Megaman is a good fit I think though with this type of game. He has the general cartoon-ish look of a Nintendo game and he is a good size and has good attacks. Pac-Man is dumb in my opinion though (I hate the 3D look) and I'm not excited for Toon Link again.
I think the Duck Hunt character will be interesting though, and I'm way more excited to play him than Shulk (no idea who this is) or Dark Pit :-X

Oh, and I remember reading rumours that Ice Climbers, Snake and someone else were confirmed for the game, but wouldn't be available right at the start. That could be wrong ;)

Finally, I am really glad they did not try and make someone like Ridley into the game. I don't think he would have fit at all (both size, attacks, etc)
Nintendo Network ID: Guitee
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2469-6451
PSN ID: EGuite

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
"Sakurai did tell me that 'multiple character' combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving a technical challenge on the 3DS."

That was taken from an IGN article from 2013. This might explain why the Ice Climbers were eventually cut.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

As for what I think of the roster, I can't say I'm happy with some of the clone characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit (both of whom could have easily been alternate costumes), but Mario has been my main fighter since the first SSB. As long as they don't cut him (as if they would :w00t: ), I'll be fine. Can't wait to try out Mega Man and Pac-Man, though. :)
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Did any of you Platinum 3DS users get this email from Big N today?:

"Congratulations!

You’ve qualified for a special demo of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. There’s no limit on play sessions, and it’s available now—a whole week before the public demo.

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

Enter your unique code on Nintendo eShop:"

(Note, I did not receive this. I do not have a 3DS so there is no reason I would get this. However, even if you didn't get this message, a free demo is coming 9/19.)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
:omg: What!? I've got to download it right away! This is going to be awesome!
Posted Image

Guite
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Sep 12 2014, 02:22 PM
Did any of you Platinum 3DS users get this email from Big N today?:

"Congratulations!

You’ve qualified for a special demo of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. There’s no limit on play sessions, and it’s available now—a whole week before the public demo.

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

Enter your unique code on Nintendo eShop:"

(Note, I did not receive this. I do not have a 3DS so there is no reason I would get this. However, even if you didn't get this message, a free demo is coming 9/19.)
Definitely did not receive that email and I was Platinum. Not sure if its fake, or just not available in Canada :s
Nintendo Network ID: Guitee
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2469-6451
PSN ID: EGuite

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
"I got that very email, BDR..."

SO BASICALLY, since I don't really even have a 3DS, NOR am I at all excited about Smash Bros., I have 4 codes to give away. ;) ;) ;)
If I know you (i.e. you've been active on our humble little forum) and I know you have a 3DS (or you can prove it), Send me a PM and a code is yours!!
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Assassin's Creed: Unity, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Here are ALL the Final Smash moves,
and yes, INCLUDING the leaked characters!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Did you guys hear about the coolest controller that you can use to play SSB on your Wii U?

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Just look at this Hori for $25??? :w00t:
Posted Image
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I haven't been a big Smash fan, but I downloaded the demo because it was free. And man was it fun! That demo may have changed my feelings about these games. I don't know if it will be a release day purchase, but I definitely plan on getting it at some point.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
I wish those controllers were just a rumor.

I like them MUCH better than the PDP ones, and I have always loved Hori.

GREAT... now I have to break it to the wife...

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
completely agree with you Kart
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Demo is amazing!

but some items are a little bit TO overpowered...

Posted Image

Like that blow-flute-horn-thing...
Edited by Vinyl, Sep 23 2014, 12:41 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LivingGhandi
Member Avatar
I have been smashing it up on the demo as well! I can't believe it is coming so soon. It has been a LONG wait for me! (Still think they should've ported the N64 version to the DS years ago, but I understand it is a very demanding game CPU wise)
Consoles: 14/16 (6 CIB)
Controllers: 24/30 (10 CIB)
Games: 285/296 (23 CIB)
Midwest USA

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Posted Image

more info:

$99 Super Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Spotted on Amazon

Edited by Vinyl, Sep 26 2014, 12:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
If the bundled version of Smash would save me more money, I would buy that.

It's not enticing enough to make me buy it, though.

PLUS... I REALLY don't understand why they didn't bundle the Smash Bros 3DSs with the game.

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
corE
Sep 27 2014, 09:53 AM

PLUS... I REALLY don't understand why they didn't bundle the Smash Bros 3DSs with the game.
It is indeed weird, but the PAL 3ds they did it!

WHAT I DON`T UNDERSTAND is WHY does the USA have a red + BLUE version of the Smash Bros 3DS..(and the NES version... >_<). and Europe only red! D:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
I didn't realize Europe got screwed out of so many of the new 3DS variants.

Although, you guys have gotten screwed out of a LOT, for a LONG time, haven't you?

Speaking of the NES version, I wish they would have made the outside look like an actual NES console, and the inside look like the NES controller. That just makes more sense to me.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Vinyl
Sep 26 2014, 12:06 PM
Seems like a real bargain considering everything you get. Sure, lots of people already own a GameCube controller but you still need the adapter to use it with the Wii U.

I'll probably run out this coming week and prepurchase this bundle. Hopefully SSBWiiU will get released around my birthday in November. :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
If you buy everything separately, you would pay $110.

That's just not substantial enough for me to get the bundle. Plus, I want to get the controller and keep it sealed, so I will be buying that separate.

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
@ CorE

And you get a fancy box :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
When SSBWiiU is finally released I'll probably stop playing Mario Kart 8 entirely and devote all my spare gaming time to Nintendo's fabulous 4-player brawler. Hopefully we can resume our friendly N64Forever Friday night get-togethers playing it. Has anyone heard if SSBWiiU will feature an on-line tournament mode? :huh:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

corE
Member Avatar
Vinyl
Sep 28 2014, 01:32 AM
@ CorE

And you get a fancy box :D
HaHa, that IS tempting.

I am a sucker for stuff like that.

If this bundle ends up having the controller, sealed in it's own box inside, I will definitely jump on this.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: