Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U; Official Thread
Topic Started: Sep 11 2014, 03:17 PM (3,396 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Part 2 of The Gaming Historian's Super Smash Bros. video retrospective.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Leveled up my Donkey Kong Amiibo to 26 last night. He's turning out to be a very good sparring partner for honing my skills with Wario.

It's amazing how the Amiibo open up yet another avenue for having fun with the brilliant piece of software that is Super Smash Bros. Wii U. I can't wait to let my Amiibo battle my friend Steven's next time he comes over to play. :)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Mrs. Kart apparently leveled up our Link Amiibo to level 50 in one night. I didn't even know that was possible. I haven't had a chance to mess with them yet in SSB:WiiU but it sounds like a cool concept!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Dec 27 2014, 03:42 PM
Mrs. Kart apparently leveled up our Link Amiibo to level 50 in one night.
:o

Quote:

I didn't even know that was possible.

I suppose anything is possible but that certainly took some dedication.

Quote:

I haven't had a chance to mess with them yet in SSB:WiiU but it sounds like a cool concept!

Yes it is indeed a very cool concept as it gives the Amiibo a purpose beyond just being a whimsical collectable. For example, I've now got a reason to carry my Donkey Kong Amiibo with me when I visit friends who play Sm4sh.

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Well I played against the Level 50 Link Amiibo for quite a while today. I almost beat him once, but otherwise, got my butt kicked every single time. It's ruthless. I was holding my own against LVL 8 CPU characters. But I don't think I'll ever beat that Link Amiibo.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I've only got my Donkey Kong Amiibo up around level 35 and already many of our matches are ending in Sudden Death. I shudder to think what DK is going to be like at level 50. :wacko:

Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Just asked myself. ... its there a way to connect all 8 gamecube controllers on 1 WiiU device?
(Like for example for a offline tournament and all 8 players wamt to play with a gamecube controller
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Vinyl
Dec 30 2014, 05:40 PM
Just asked myself. ... its there a way to connect all 8 gamecube controllers on 1 WiiU device?
(Like for example for a offline tournament and all 8 players wamt to play with a gamecube controller
You can do this but you need two GC Controller Adapters.

To say that I'm addicted to Super Smash Bros. is a minor understatement. In my Wii U I have Sm4sh of course but I've also got Brawl in my original Wii, Melee in my GameCube and Super Smash Bros. in my N64. :-8

As you all know, I main Wario and while I really enjoy him in SSBWiiU, I'd have to say that I like his moveset in Project M the best.

Me and my Donkey Kong Amiibo have been fighting out some vicious battles. I feel certain that going up against him has made me a better player when I go on-line against other real live humans.

Maybe I'll train my Mario Amiibo and see how he does against DK. That ought to be pretty neat.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
So I started leveling up my Mario amiibo and had him fight my Donkey Kong which had already been brought up to around LVL 40. Interestingly enough, they both gained experience and leveled up slightly from their bout. :huh:

By watching them closely I was able to ascertain that I jump around too much and need to concentrate more on my ground game. That's a little difficult to do as my main Wario is most effective in the air. Wario's ground tactics revolve too much around his Bike to close distance and I find that Side B Special move to be a little cheap. That's why I prefer Wario in Project M as his Bike move has been removed entirely in that iteration.

Every time I play SSBWiiU I learn something new. I also earn some sort of reward just about every time I play. Last night I got a message saying I'd played my 700th match. X_D

Lastly, my favorite on-line game mode is now Team Smash. That's because people are forced to fight as opposed to For Glory 1-on-1 were far too many people try to turtle their way to victory. How boring. :-/

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Did a free-for-all against my 2 Amiibo and it was hella fun! Almost as good as playing against two humans. Almost. ^_^

Again, both of them leveled up slightly from the experience which is rather interesting. They're both up high enough now that they present a formidable challenge.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I had an epic 1-on-1 this evening with my Mario going up against a very good Lucario. It came down to the last few seconds and I finally knocked him out with a Smash attack that I drew him in for by peppering him with fireballs. There's no doubt about it folks, fighting against my Amiibo has made me a much better and smarter player. :D

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My Donkey Kong Amiibo is up to a 50 ranking with my Mario at about 42. Yesterday I pit them against each other and Mario made short work of DK. I wonder if that's because he's an inherently better character or because I used better strategies when training him? :unsure:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

I'm just bummed because now I've leveled both my Donkey Kong and Mario Amiibo up to 50. :P

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
You must buy more Amiibo. :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Jan 12 2015, 09:14 PM
Wario is a day one purchase. :wub:

Using what I've learned training my other two Amiibo, Wario will ultimately become the supreme embodiment of all my accumulated skill and technique. ;)

Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I just got the mail to download Mewtwo as a playable character! Both for the 3DS and Wiiu version

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Vinyl
Apr 15 2015, 05:24 AM
I just got the mail to download Mewtwo as a playable character! Both for the 3DS and Wiiu version
Same here and, due to being fortunate enough to finish work before noon, I have been spending the entire day playing Smash 4 as, with and against the legendary Pokemon. You know something else? I originally wasn't all too excited for the return of Mewtwo because I really couldn't use him well in Melee. Some tweaks must have been made, though, because now I can control him like a dream. Bonus points for him turning into Mega Mewtwo Y for his final smash (go team Pokemon Y! :D ).

All in all, I may have originally registered both games for the Club Nintendo coins and SSB4 soundtrack, but I'm glad they threw Mewtwo in too. :)
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
Everybody is saying he's very bland and boring. Even Mew2King himself didn't like him too much.
But hey, at least someone is enjoying him Envyfox ;)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I know its a bit of a bump but this is news that even got my attention (since he's the lead character of my favorite game of all-time):

Final Fantasy 7's Cloud coming to Super Smash Bros

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Eh I probably won't get him unless he's free. I've never been a fan of the main FF games and the fact that everyone ans their mothers kept begging Nintendo to put Cloud in Brawl annoyed me. Still, congrats to those who wanted him.
Edited by EnvyFox, Nov 12 2015, 11:55 PM.
Posted Image

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
wow this was unexpected! Thanks for sharing!

It looks like he has the same fighting style as Ike. Love the final Smash attacks!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Team Smash is still fun but 1-on-1 For Glory makes it obvious how much I suck at this game. I've now had to resort to using Bowser for cheap wins. :lol:

I think the big problem for me when playing SSBWiiU is that I've become too accustomed to the fast pace and rewards for aggressive play that Project M offers. :(

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I can't think of a way winning with Bowser is a cheap win, he's pretty hard to use on anyone who isn't a total n00bc@ke. I try not to play for glory because everyone has the same homogenous playstyle of constantly shielding and rolling away while throwing out attacks, and it works. It's the reason I used to play as Donkey Kong so much. Approach with down-a and neutral air, and 1 side-b on a damaged shield usually broke it. So satisfying
:dk:

I'm still available for matches for the Wii-u version by the way. I might just be the opponent for you.
I'm very... aggressive, and I suck... hard ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Shellshocker18
Feb 27 2017, 12:39 PM
I'm still available for matches for the Wii-u version by the way. I might just be the opponent for you.
I'm very... aggressive, and I suck... hard ;)
I've added you to my friend's list and check to see if you're online every time I boot up the game. Perhaps we can try to arrange some For Fun 4-player free-for-all matches with two other forum members? :huh:

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I would be down with that. Actually it could turn out to be funner that way since I could effectively play as a wider range of characters. And maybe by sheer dumb luck I could win a few games :P

I'm shellshocker17 on Wii-u for anyone interested. Something weird happened to my old account and I had to abandon it.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Feb 27 2017, 01:14 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
To be completely honest, I don't think that SSBWiiU is a very good 1-on-1 game, but in 4-player FFA it's an absolute blast. X_D

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Grizzmeister
Jan 12 2015, 10:01 PM
kartmaster
Jan 12 2015, 09:14 PM
Wario is a day one purchase. :wub:

I did end up getting the Wario Amiibo.

Posted Image

Although I like my Wario figure more because I prefer the more traditional outfit he's wearing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: