Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vigilante 8; October Game of the Month
Topic Started: Oct 1 2014, 11:05 AM (700 Views)
Member Avatar
Aw. Castlevania was so close to winning this month...

...but how could I be upset when it loses to Vigilante 8? I love how you got different missions depending on which character you played as and which side they were on (Vigilantes, Coyotes or neutral/Drifter). Every character is interesting with my favorite being Boogie ("WHOO! Let's move to the groove!"). However, I play my best when using Slick Clyde. That's good seeing as I prefer the Vigilante missions anyway. :)

It's not all about completing missions, though. There's still a mode for those who want to just go into a level and destroy cars with an armed disco ball. :lol: One thing I noticed when I first bought this game was that it controlled a lot better than Twisted Metal 2. Hey I love me some Twisted Metal, but even this biggest (playable) vehicles were so slippery it might as well have been called "Twisted Metal On Ice". In V8, I can actually stop turning when I want to.

Overall, Vigilante 8 remains one of my favorite games in my collection. I hear that V8: Second Offense is even better, but I still think the original holds up. I highly recommend it to anyone that has the faintest interest in car combat games. Oh and I suggest buying the N64 version since it comes with an exclusive unlockable arena. ;)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply