Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RF outputs
Topic Started: Oct 17 2014, 07:03 AM (393 Views)
kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Do you NEED to use RF? There are some better options for switching and better image quality if you go with composite or s-video.

If you want to stick with RF, a splitter can usually be used in the reverse direction as a combiner. (As long as it doesn't say "one way" or "isolation")

Posted Image

You will need to make sure you don't hook it up to a continuous signal like cable TV or over the air RF. You'll also need to make sure you only have one system on at a time. As all of the mentioned will produce massive interference and an unusable signal.

Also the splitter will reduce the dB level of the RF signal so you will be sending a weaker signal to the TV which will also reduce quality.

So this isn't the ideal solution, but if RF is your only choice, it can work.
Edited by kartmaster, Oct 17 2014, 02:32 PM.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
If you get at least composite cables for your systems you can have a simple switch to select the system you want to play. Here's what I would recommend at the least.

N64 Composite Cable
Mega Drive Composite Cable
Master System Cable
AV Switch

I didn't really shop around so you might be able to find better quality and/or prices on those cables.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!
Edited by kartmaster, Oct 18 2014, 08:17 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Yep. I'm in the US. But we have several UK members so if you need help on more local sources for those cables I'm sure the guys here have some options for you!
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply