Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2014 Awards: Gamer of the Year; Who got game?!?
Topic Started: Dec 1 2014, 12:21 PM (470 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
2014 was, in many respects, a great year for gaming. While many of us find plenty of life and utility left in our beloved Wiis and other consoles of a generation ago, the current gen machines, and particularly the Wii U, really began hitting their stride in 2014. I'm sure many of you noticed this year the attempt of so many members to remain retro in terms of collecting and gaming, while enjoying the many great new titles, hardware and accessories out there.

So this year, we intend to honor a Gamer of the Year from amongst our ranks. Is your nominee someone whose 2014 game beaten list has you bowing in adoration while muttering "We're not worthy!!"? Or is it someone who repeatedly blew past you in our Friday Night Mario Kart 8 Tournaments? Perhaps its someone who beat some tough titles for our Beats 'Em All competition. Or maybe its someone who has started smashing you and your amiibo in Super Smash Bros U? What ever you reasons, feel free to mention those with gaming chops that have impressed you this year, but be sure to name one nominee.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I`ll vote for EnvyFox.

his list of (older) games he cleared in 2014 is insane!
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
EnyFox is my nomination this year. He has beaten a massive stack of games this year. Good job mate :yeah:
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Well, our modern console gamers have brought an insane amount of games to their knees this year. Floorcat, DeeMoney, Buddy and Matt have done some amazing work this year! Our boy MkII is leading the world in Zen Pinball. And Beats Em All contributor EnvyFox has certainly earned his multiple nominations.

However, I'd like to nominate Boomdiers. He is a flat-out MK8 stud. He joined out races a few weeks in and warned that he was pretty good. I remember the first race he joined, I was racing with fellow Aussies Kel and Amy and he did not fair so well. And that was just about the last time he did not whip the field in our MK8 tournaments. Give him 60 minutes of racing and he'll hit 200 points, even with fellow forum aces Grizz, Guite and Kartmaster going all out. Anyway, it's a joy to watch him race and an honor to race with (or more accurately, behind) him.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I nominate Floorcat. I admire such completion-ism. Some of those trophies I didn't even know COULD be achieved...
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
EnyFox
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I nominate EnvyFox as well. Amazing progress this year in knocking out them games, yo! :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Oh wow. I wasn't expecting to get so many nominations so far. It's actually pretty cool. Thanks, everyone. ^_^

One look at both the "N64Forever Beats 'Em All!" and "Games You've finished in 2014" threads will let you know that I'm not the only one with a long list of games under my belt this year. I won't list any names due to fears of leaving someone out, but you all know who you are and you're just as deserving of winning this award as I am. However, there is one member here that I believe deserves it just a little bit more.

That member is floorcat. It's one thing to beat a game, but to take advantage of everything that every game has to offer, DLC included, until your file reads 100% (or more if you're Donkey Kong Country :P ) is just something that can't be ignored. Floorcat, you get my vote and admiration.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Oh wow... I feel so humbled and honored to even be mentioned in this thread... kartmaster & Envy, you guys are TOO KIND!!
:wub: :wub: (and kartmaster, if your PS3 is online, you MUST add me on PSN!)

I'd like to give special mention to Dee... who has often be found playing (and sometimes even finishing!) a game before it's even released here in the US! I said it before, and I'll say it again, you've knocked out nearly every contemporary release that, for me, has only been piled up onto my ridiculous pile of shame.

My ultimate nomination will go to EnvyFox though... for reasons already found in this thread. You're a beast!! :yeah:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Floorcat- very impressive lists! dedication
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top