Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is your recommendation for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
Buy and play! 35 (100%)
Buy only 0 (0%)
Play only 0 (0%)
Safely ignore 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 35
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Adventure RPG
Topic Started: Dec 3 2014, 05:18 PM (1,122 Views)
Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
Posted ImageThe Hero of Time (Link) is up to save Princess Zelda From the evil Ganondof in this epic adventure. Speaking of epicness, this game has it all! The music, the stunning graphics, the huge amount of gameplay, in every single way this game is perfect. Ocarina of Time received perfect review scores from the majority of gaming publications that reviewed it. Ain`t that something?!

Score: 10/10

https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

super_joker
Member Avatar
Established Member
Without a doubt the best game for N64 and easily one of the best games in history!!!

It set the bar for RPG games, it became the cornerstone of Zelda Timelines, it linked (no pun intended) generations together as it is based on past games for earlier consoles.

I have never been so emotianally involved in a game (being younger when it was brand new).

It's got 10 written all over it!
PRESS START
Posted Image
PRESS START

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I was a Zelda fan before this game came out but I remember being 15-16 years old and finding out about the collectors edition and begging my grandma for the $75 to purchase it. It came with the gold cartridge, a subscription to Nintendo Power, and an Ocarina of Time t-shirt, which I still have.

This and A Link to the Past are the only two games I've played on my older consoles in the past few years. I love this game!!

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
sublime1996525
Dec 29 2015, 08:30 AM
It came with the gold cartridge, a subscription to Nintendo Power, and an Ocarina of Time t-shirt, which I still have.
So she bought it? :lol: :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Bamboozled
Dec 29 2015, 02:07 PM
sublime1996525
It came with the gold cartridge, a subscription to Nintendo Power, and an Ocarina of Time t-shirt, which I still have.
So she bought it? :lol: :yeah:
Pretty much lol. I think I had to promise to take on more chores for the month though haha.

Houghton0609
One of the reason why became hooked on the n64

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Buy and play for sure. Such a great game. I bought this second hand back in the day on the back of playing through A Link To The Past and it really did live up to all the strong reviews it has received. It's one of the must haves on the system for me but not just for collection purposes but for playability as well! :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
This is the game that got me into gaming when I was little. This game is amazing and holds up even today. I will always have a soft spot for this game.
Posted Image

Culbert17
Member Avatar
Established Member
Which reminds me.. I have to play through this again.
Posted Image

TofuJunky87
Member Avatar
Do you tofu?
How did I not play this game when I was a kid?! I must have been the only one to not play this. I feel like I really missed out. Fortunately, I now own a copy and while it has aged, it is definitely still a solid, immersive, and addictive game to play. It really sucks you into its world. A true masterpiece.
Edited by TofuJunky87, Feb 17 2016, 02:05 PM.
Current 64 Collection: Grey, Jungle, Fire, Ice, Smoke, Watermelon, Grape, Gold, JP Blue/Clear, Daiei Hawks
Current Game Count: 324
Current Controller Count: 32

:n64: 4ever

Posted Image

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
One of the greatest games ever made. If I had to choose one game to play for the rest of my life, this would easily be the one I'd pick.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Karsty5
Member Avatar
The GCN guy
Wow, such a great game! The atmosphere and music is amazing! Definitely buy and play!

For some reason, I'm not so good at moving characters in N64 games, they always seem to move too fast or fall off ledges too easily. I don't have a problem on anything newer, though... Maybe it's my new TV or secondhand controllers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7OLL-vIfr4bMQhasZ6a1A - My YouTube Channel
Posted Image

Intendall64
Member Avatar
It's the best game I've ever played. I play it at least once every year and I swear I find something new every time. Definitely a game every gamer and N64 lover should play at least once.

Finntard
sublime1996525
I was a Zelda fan before this game came out but I remember being 15-16 years old and finding out about the collectors edition and begging my grandma for the $75 to purchase it. It came with the gold cartridge, a subscription to Nintendo Power, and an Ocarina of Time t-shirt, which I still have.

This and A Link to the Past are the only two games I've played on my older consoles in the past few years. I love this game!!
please: picture of that shirt? :D

Oot must be the best game on the system. I recently started playing this again

>I had oot with torn sticker
>Bought another copy of oot, which has minty sticker

ReliantLion
Member Avatar
I have mixed memories of this game. Playing through it recently (I'm currently trying to cross the desert), I find that I am totally familiar with some areas of the game (Hyrule Field, forested areas, Castle Town, the Castle itself, a few of the Temples), but I don't remember a lick of others (notably the Water Temple). Sometimes I think to myself "Oh, there should be a heart piece or skulltula over here" in some obscure spot, while other times being totally taken by surprise at some of the more simple things. I don't normally go for 100% runs (except Mario, always get 100% in Mario), and I think this is why. I knew I would play it again and wanted it to be unique each time, even all these years later.

Very fun game that's just easy enough to survive, but hard enough to be challenging.

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
This was the Zelda game that made me fall in love with the series. I had the Original Zelda game but Ocarina of Time has been my best early Zelda memory
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Wow not even a single vote for anything other than Buy and Play. That's the power of Ocarina of Time. Not even a single jokester will pretend it isn't awesome.

I first played the 3ds version, 3 times plus the master quest, plus twice for the n64 version a few years back. Odviously the game isn't perfect but bah gawd it deserved all the perfect scores it got and still gets today. The only game I could compare it to that came before is Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon which didn't have day to night cycles, sidequests, or items that could be used for anything outside of their one use in the dungeon. Mystical Ninja isn't bad but it makes me realize why Ocarina was so far above anything else at the time and why people love it so much.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Apr 2 2017, 10:35 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
So.... i have a confession. This is my first time playing through this game! I watched my dad or brother play this title. I was a big Majoras Mask fan and played through that game a bunch! So i decided to play through OoT and of course i love it so much! I feel so intertwined with the characters stories from majoras mask it excites me more to see them here. Its made more of an impact for me then playing them in order. So awesome :)
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

ReliantLion
Member Avatar
Actually started playing this again, but on the 3DS. Then I discovered when you beat it, it unlocks Master Quest. Now I'm trying to get through it 100%, then I'm going to try the Master Quest. I might ask for Majora's Mask on 3DS for my birthday (I'd just buy it myself, but I have it on N64). The game looks amazing on the 3DS, BTW.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · 64-Bit Game Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply