Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Goldeneye 007; January Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jan 2 2015, 09:14 AM (606 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
What a great game to win our 4th anniversary Game of the Month contest!

I know we all have great stories regarding this game. It was such a staple on the N64, and some might even say it was the best game on the system. It certainly was in my top 3.

In the era it came out in, it was a very good looking game with top notch gameplay. Single player was a blast, and had so much replay value when cheats came in to play. I know I played the Facility level hundreds if not thousands of times over the years.

Multiplayer is where the game shined even more in my eyes. Nothing beat getting together with a group of friends and putting in a few hours. License to Kill was a favorite mode of ours, often with pistols as the weapons of choice. Power Weapons and Proximity Mines were also used a lot. The Cougar Magnum and RCP90 were my favorites.

My favorite story involving the proximity mines still makes me laugh to think about. I had a friend who was over a lot, but not so good a the game. We were playing the Facility. I put a proxy mine at all the major spawn points, then killed him. He died 5 or 6 consecutive times upon spawning on my mines. Needless to say, he quit from frustration :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
D.J Cat
Jan 3 2015, 09:17 AM
Goldeneye was so good they went back in time and made a movie about it.
That is the funniest thing I have read in a while :lol:

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
You know I think the only reason I prefer Perfect Dark over Goldeneye is the ability to play with bots in multiplayer. Wasn't always easy to get together with friends, so bots were a great touch.

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply