Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Microsoft says there are plans for Rare classics like Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark
Topic Started: Jan 13 2015, 08:52 PM (462 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Sounds promising.

Microsoft says there are plans for Rare classics like Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RocMan
Member Avatar
Established Member
So now I'm gonna have to buy an Xbox 1, great.

They did make KI 3, and as far as I know that was ok. I just hope they don't pull another Nuts and Bolts out of their sleeve and mess up the franchise beyond compare. If they are going to make a new Blast Corps, it would probably be a digital download only. I would be Extremely excited for a new Conker game, I would be going crazy if that happened. I remember at E3 they showed a video of Conker and I was going crazy u til I realized he was gonna be DLC for some game I can't remember the title of.

I pray all this happens!
Long Live Rareware!
Edited by RocMan, Jan 13 2015, 09:12 PM.
Nintendo 64 Collection

1 Grey System
19 Games
4 Controllers
All I need for Goldeneye!

Nintendo ID: RocSolidGaming
PSN: crixmayhem77

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
Yes yes yes. I read that earlier and was quite happy. Lots of good game franchises available to build on.

Would really love a new Perfect Dark game. That would be glorious :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
in this article "LINK" they say they may make perfect dark as a third person shooter. What do you guys think about that? Be a mistake in my view. Hopefully they announce a new banjo at E3 but back to its roots would be perfect.

saw this and thought it way funny

Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Cabanon
Elite
Quote:

Games like Banjo Kazooie and its sequel Banjo Tooie were re-released on Xbox 360 as digital downloads in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

wait... what ??? didnt know that.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I had to check that out as well, Cabanon, and discovered that they are running $15 apiece right now. I'd love to get them but hopefully they'll go on sale at some point.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
They look pretty good on the 360 (there's a demo of the first one) and as far as I know banjo tooie runs at a much improve frame rate. I always found the frame rate to be a problem on the :N64:
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
I already knew it was only a matter of time before I'd also need to invest in an Xbox one. Hopefully I get a while before that needs to happen :lol: ! I honestly was really close to buying the Call of Duty X1 because it looks amazing, but I'll wait along for the next cool limited edition.

Conker Edition X1!? :wub: Ok, ok, stop dreaming. :facepalm:
Edited by YogurtStorm, Jan 14 2015, 08:44 AM.
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

Cabanon
Elite
The Red Shadow
Jan 14 2015, 06:56 AM
I had to check that out as well, Cabanon, and discovered that they are running $15 apiece right now. I'd love to get them but hopefully they'll go on sale at some point.
geez, at this price, i'll buy the physical copy.

Norcal
Member Avatar

I wish they'd re-release Goldeneye with the exact same level design but just updated graphics.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Everyone PLEASE remember that literally no-one from the golden age Rare is still working there.
Hence their anemic efforts of late.
So i just hope they don't spoil any of their old franchises and just leave them alone.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
Norcal
Jan 14 2015, 02:08 PM
I wish they'd re-release Goldeneye with the exact same level design but just updated graphics.
it would sell a 100000x times more than what they did with the remake.

RocMan
Member Avatar
Established Member
Cabanon
Jan 14 2015, 05:28 PM
Norcal
Jan 14 2015, 02:08 PM
it would sell a 100000x times more than what they did with the remake.
Sadly Rare doesn't have any rights to Goldenye or James Bond, so if they did it they would have to rename it and change the plot.
Nintendo 64 Collection

1 Grey System
19 Games
4 Controllers
All I need for Goldeneye!

Nintendo ID: RocSolidGaming
PSN: crixmayhem77

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Why does everyone hate on Nuts and Bolts?

Im a massive fan of the originals and I thought it was just brilliant.
You perhaps have to be a fan of building the vehicles to enjoy it, but other that, the characters, graphics, music, the Rare Humour.
Excellent game.

Fistonik
Member Avatar
D.J Cat
Jan 14 2015, 09:41 PM
Why does everyone hate on Nuts and Bolts?

Im a massive fan of the originals and I thought it was just brilliant.
You perhaps have to be a fan of building the vehicles to enjoy it, but other that, the characters, graphics, music, the Rare Humour.
Excellent game.
I second this. As most of you know, the original Banjo Kazooie is my favorite game of all time, and I really liked Nuts and Bolts. While I understand some people might be disappointed about the fact that it's not a classic platformer like they wanted it to be, I think it was brilliant, and I encourage everyone to give it a second chance. :D

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I brought nuts and bolts at launch and really couldnt get on with it. Recently I brought it again to give it another go and really couldnt get on with it.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

YogurtStorm
Member Avatar
Your mom is a nice lady
Mk II
Jan 14 2015, 05:23 PM
Everyone PLEASE remember that literally no-one from the golden age Rare is still working there.
Hence their anemic efforts of late.
So i just hope they don't spoil any of their old franchises and just leave them alone.
That doesn't mean Rare can't produce quality products anymore. A company doesn't stop or hit a wall because a few people leave. When Miyamoto and friends will leave Nintendo, doesn't mean Nintendo will stop producing quality Nintendo titles either.

Rareware's "anemic efforts", as you call them, were actually games that sold extremely well and were beneficial to the company (I'm talking about Kinect Rivals games, those sold a lot better than people assume). From the news I've read in the last weeks, their next game is something "deliciously rare", as I believe Phil Spencer put it, and I can't wait to see it!
My Youtube Channel: All game. No bla-bla. PS4 ShareFactory gameplay
Posted Image Home of Conker's Corner

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply