Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Help please: Pal N64 on a USA NTSC HD TV; How can I get a UK N64 to work on my USA high def TV?
Topic Started: Jan 23 2015, 09:56 AM (2,870 Views)
Grimakis
Member Avatar
That's tough. Other than getting a PAL TV or and NTSC N64, I don't know much about going from PAL to NTSC.
I'm not sure how many N64 games you have, but I think getting an NTSC N64 might be your best bet. Search around Goodwill stores and you might find one for cheap. Last year I picked up a complete system with 2 controllers for $10. You will commonly find N64 games at thrift shops and the like here in the US. It would be in your best interest to get an NTSC N64 anyway at some point.

I know that doesn't exactly solve your problem, but maybe it would be a cost effective work around(especially if you only have a handful of games.)

Just my 2cents.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grimakis
Member Avatar
It looks like a decent converter. Try playing around with the different settings. Maybe bring it to a neighbors house to test it on their TV. Perhaps you have a defectice unit?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Hooking up the N64 to modern TVs · Next Topic »
Add Reply