Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 on the Virtual Console; What N64 games you would like redone for the Wii U?
Topic Started: Nov 20 2014, 11:14 PM (1,296 Views)
kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
GoldenEye would be great, but only if they gave me a way to use the N64 controller (RE-RELEASE, NINTENDO???). I think legal mumbo jumbo will forever restrict GoldenEye from a remake of any kind though unfortunately.

It's pretty un-original, but I think of the entire N64 library, Super Mario 64 is the game I would want an HD remake of the most. I think it could be beautiful.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Alveinhero
Nov 22 2014, 04:01 PM
I'd probably say Kirby 64 HD.
Good call! That has the potential to be gorgeous!
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Okay, tell me this is true. The Wii U is really getting N64 games on the WiiU VC!

LINK: ign.com

This is great news. Amazing it took this long. Finally all those comments I put in those Club Nintendo surveys are paying off.

Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
This doesn't really open up the whole library, but I think it's big news because finally N64 games will be "officially" formatted for HDTV displays.

I watched some direct feed footage of Super Mario 64, and it doesn't look like the games themselves will be in HD, but it's at least scaled to HD and run through HDMI on the Wii U. No worrying about delays from upscalers, or the muddyness that comes from hooking a composite signal to most HDTV sets.

Plus gameplay on the Wii U Gamepad!

GoldenEye on the VC would be amazing. But man, I really doubt that all those license holders will ever come to any sort of agreement. Sad to say because they could all stand to make some money.
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Man, I really need to get this one. It just gets such universal praise. Thanks for putting it back on my radar.
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply