Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Starcraft 64; May Game of the Month
Topic Started: May 5 2015, 02:58 PM (711 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Sorry, It slipped my mind I hadn't already done th

I have never played StarCraft on the N64, but I played it and Brood Wars a pretty good bit on the PC. It was a very fun game, but I have never seen StarCraft in a store as of yet.

I cheated like crazy on the pc though X_D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Starcraft 64 is a fantastic port. The game is 100% the same, Brood War expansion included, better controls in my opinion (Z+control stick is fantastic for move faster the camera keeping the "mouse pointer" in the middle of the screen, buttons combination are very smart, moving the fingers is easier that moving the whole hand, ecc).
In the PC version you have always to tell to the SCV, Drones, ecc to harvest (very boring), on the N64 version they harvest automatically.
Nintendo 64 version got the funny 2 players mode.
The PC version got the fmvs, better musics, cleaner graphic and above all the online mode.

This is one of the many reasons because N64 is the best console of all times, in fact this is the only Starcraft ever released for console.

The game is also became famous among the collectors because the PAL version is quite rare and very expensive. Some people talk about only 5000 copies released, I don't know if this is true or not.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Jan 9 2016, 10:33 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
I loved starcraft for the n64, but unfortunately they didn't include the voice acting, at least not in the US version. One of my favorite parts of the PC game is the dialog between characters and sadly it's missing throughout the n64 version, replaced by only text. Still love the game though! I'm looking to get my hands on a CIB copy eventually!

Thespriggan
I love Starcrat but its true, its very strange that Blizzard really wanted this game on a console like N64...I mean, the console of the moment was de PSX so its weird that the port was finally released for the Nintendo 64.

However im not going to say anything bad about that fact hehehe :whistle: Im just happy because N64 was a greeeeeeat console and it deserve an "exclusive" game like that

nicholasjamaulnatalie
Whilst a great port, the PC version is still by far better as you are limited the the N64's controller compared to an entire keyboard, which the game was originally intended to be used with. imo :)

The box for the N64 is awesome though, good pic italia

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
The voice acting on the PC is still stuck in my head. "Goliath online" I believe it was... the "Yamato gun" guy... and the "Wraith" are the ones that stick in my head :D

swaaye
Established Member
I just wish they had gotten the gameplay to run at high-res. The menus are high-res, I believe.
Edited by swaaye, May 6 2015, 02:01 PM.

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
"Set a course"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

mikezelot
Member Avatar
Star Wolfs Worst Nightmare
My fiencee and I play this on the n64 all the time. About the ps1 port the system could not handle that many objects on screen at once with the psx limited processing power compared to the power the 64 had
Posted Image N64 forever starfox 64 champion
"Im an elephant" - Conker
Both the n64 and the ps4 have 64 bit processors. Now I'm not saying the 64 could run crysis at 60 fps but I'm not saying it couldn't.
115 games
2 consoles
6 controllers

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
PC version pro:
FMV
More soundtracks
Speech
Cleaner graphic
Better micromanaging
Online mode

N64 version pro:
Multiplayer mode
Multiplayer coop mode
Brood War expansion included, new missions and scenarios
SCVs, Probes and Drones go to mine automatically (was very annoying on the PC version)
Yoi can select 18 units (12 on the PC version)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Culbert17
Member Avatar
Established Member
I really want to give this one a try. I can only find them for about $50 (USD) though. I hope its worth it!
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
A friend of mine had this game and we really enjoyed it. I would like to pick this up one day.

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
If you're StarCraft fans, you'll love it.
In order to enjoy it, it's essential to know properly the controls. In fact knowing the buttons' combination, many operations are quicker than the PC version.
The only complain is with micromanaging.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Culbert17
Member Avatar
Established Member
@italia64 Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to do my research before playing.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply