Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Starcraft 64; May Game of the Month
Topic Started: May 5 2015, 02:58 PM (825 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Starcraft 64 is a fantastic port. The game is 100% the same, Brood War expansion included, better controls in my opinion (Z+control stick is fantastic for move faster the camera keeping the "mouse pointer" in the middle of the screen, buttons combination are very smart, moving the fingers is easier that moving the whole hand, ecc).
In the PC version you have always to tell to the SCV, Drones, ecc to harvest (very boring), on the N64 version they harvest automatically.
Nintendo 64 version got the funny 2 players mode.
The PC version got the fmvs, better musics, cleaner graphic and above all the online mode.

This is one of the many reasons because N64 is the best console of all times, in fact this is the only Starcraft ever released for console.

The game is also became famous among the collectors because the PAL version is quite rare and very expensive. Some people talk about only 5000 copies released, I don't know if this is true or not.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Jan 9 2016, 10:33 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
"Set a course"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
PC version pro:
FMV
More soundtracks
Speech
Cleaner graphic
Better micromanaging
Online mode

N64 version pro:
Multiplayer mode
Multiplayer coop mode
Brood War expansion included, new missions and scenarios
SCVs, Probes and Drones go to mine automatically (was very annoying on the PC version)
Yoi can select 18 units (12 on the PC version)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
If you're StarCraft fans, you'll love it.
In order to enjoy it, it's essential to know properly the controls. In fact knowing the buttons' combination, many operations are quicker than the PC version.
The only complain is with micromanaging.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply