Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Blister controller collections
Topic Started: Jun 2 2015, 05:06 PM (2,540 Views)
Conker69
How many complete blister collections do we have on the forums here

These are the ones I know of right now.

1. Lithium017
2. DDR2NITE
3. CONKER69
4. SIXTYFORMULA
5. MJWATTS26 Jonebone
6. BRODIEMAN

Post some pics of your set!!!
----------------------
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just waiting for the mailman to drop off this guy
Posted Image

Edited by Conker69, Mar 3 2016, 09:56 PM.
Just a simple guy with an average collection.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ODPKING04
Member Avatar
Established Member
Donate one of 3ach and I'll become one lol
New to collecting
CIB consoles 2/16
CIB NTSC 5/296
NTSC cartridge 3/296

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I have 6/7. Missing... Take a wild guess :) please also post the back of your blisters to resolve the engraved number/ controller cord Baggie issue.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

Conker69
Blister controllers

Spoiler: click to toggle

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
What is the classification of "complete?"
Posted Image
Posted Image

Conker69
Bamboozled
Jun 4 2015, 02:02 PM
All 7 controllers

1. Ice Blue
2. Jungle Green
3. Smoke
4. Grape
5. Fire Orange
6. Watermelon
7. Gold

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Conker69
Jun 4 2015, 02:30 PM
Bamboozled
Jun 4 2015, 02:02 PM
All 7 controllers

1. Ice Blue
2. Jungle Green
3. Smoke
4. Grape
5. Fire Orange
6. Watermelon
7. Gold
I think he meant do they need to be sealed to be considered a 'complete' set.
I thought it would be wise to verify that anyways, all controllers need to be sealed.

We need to add more people to this list!! :) Glad to see conker69 putting this together.
Edited by Sixty Formula, Jun 17 2015, 08:55 PM.

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I'll post mine as soon as I have a complete Set. This could still take a while though. All my current Pics are in the controller discussion and post when you buy or sell any game topic.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
DarkLink
Jun 18 2015, 02:44 AM
I'll post mine as soon as I have a complete Set. This could still take a while though. All my current Pics are in the controller discussion and post when you buy or sell any game topic.
Good luck DarkLink! The watermelon has come up on ebay several times this year, it's likely we'll see another soon. We'd love to see you snag it and complete the collection. :)

i8ablueskittle
and it tasted good...
I'm currently missing the smoke controller
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

rdools
I have pretty recently gotten into collecting these, have the grape, smoke and gold. If anyone has one of the other 4 available, I may be interested
Edited by rdools, Sep 7 2015, 06:44 AM.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
rdools
Sep 7 2015, 06:44 AM
I have pretty recently gotten into collecting these, have the grape, smoke and gold. If anyone has one of the other 4 available, I may be interested
Ice blue seemed to be the most common about a year ago, but I haven't seen one in a while. Good luck rdools! I'll keep an eye out for you, let you know if I see a color you don't have.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Very cool. Nice seeing complete collections of these awesome controllers. :toad:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

rdools
Interested to see which of you guys have the Canadian dual print blisters. I know lithium is in southern Ontario, how many did you find locally.

I have a Canadian smoke one at the moment.

jonebone
Member Avatar
I now have a full set as well, acquired from one of the people on that list. More to come whenever I have time to unpack and get some pictures ;)

Cabanon
Elite
congratz jone ! show us some pics when you get time

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Very nice! This seems like a fun goal to accomplish, expensive, but fun. Great job guys!!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
@ congrats jone, difficult set to acquire.

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Has anyone else on here gotten their blister controllers graded by VGA? Or am I still the only fool to have paid to have them encased in acrylic? :-8

Posted Image
(gold one is not pictured because when I took the picture years ago, the case was damaged and had to be sent back... I currently have the full set graded and sealed)
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II

Conker69
Just got my one gold gradded

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Awesome Conker! How much did that cost? I'm sure it adds up and beyond the cost in the value..
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Intendall64
Member Avatar
@rdools, you may be interested in this auction then. Someone is selling 5 blister controllers off....condition varies though. I'm going to post this on the eBay thread too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SEALED-Official-Nintendo-64-Controller-GRAPE-gold-ice-Blister-Pack-Lot-N64-/121909431993?hash=item1c625e4eb9:g:NhAAAOSwKtVW1CsZ

rdools
Intendall64
Mar 4 2016, 05:56 AM
@rdools, you may be interested in this auction then. Someone is selling 5 blister controllers off....condition varies though. I'm going to post this on the eBay thread too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SEALED-Official-Nintendo-64-Controller-GRAPE-gold-ice-Blister-Pack-Lot-N64-/121909431993?hash=item1c625e4eb9:g:NhAAAOSwKtVW1CsZ
Thanks for thinking of me!

Right now I'm looking for the following :

USA:
Smoke
Watermelon

CAN:
Gold
Fire
Watermelon
Ice

Posted Image

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Still short myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

This is what I currently have

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?
Edited by gamerjerome, Mar 28 2016, 12:04 AM.
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

jonebone
Member Avatar
gamerjerome
Mar 27 2016, 11:51 PM
Still short myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?

As for the Smoke being "overpriced", I'd disgree. It's going to sell at $275, it stands without cracks and only minor denting. I'd say if you can get any of them in solid shape with minimal wear at or below $250, you're doing good. At auctions they tend to hover closer to $200-$225, but sometimes you may want to stretch a little to complete a set.

Because any color can go through a drought, spike in price, and then you'll regret missing out. I remember when Grape was perceived as pretty rare (probably 3rd behind Fire / Watermelon), yet it has cooled off substantially. I also remember when Green and Ice Blue were perceived as some of the most common... and yet look, you still need both of them. Prices / rarity / availability are always subject to change, so it is best to not put them off, especially if you're only talking $20-$40 from where you want to be on price.
Edited by jonebone, Mar 28 2016, 05:27 AM.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Good luck with the search gamerjerome they'll come up sooner or later. Shame we never had blisters here in the UK. :nope:
Edited by Milage007, Mar 28 2016, 05:53 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
gamerjerome
Mar 27 2016, 11:51 PM

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I was one of the ones that purchased a watermelon controller last year. I can say that there are at least 2 watermelon controllers that aren't accompanied with a complete set. You have one, and I know that Siccooper has kept his and still does not have a complete set. I8ablueskittle did have a complete set, but since sold 1 or 2 of the controllers (if i'm not mistaken) not including his watermelon - so that would be a third controller without a complete set. Jonebone has an insanely good point. The watermelon wasn't even the last blister controller I needed for the set, the Grape was. With that being said, there have been several grapes to have gone up since, so any color could become readily or scarcely available at any time. I mean, a sealed box of stadium events was just uncovered, so anything is possible! Good luck with your search! :yeah:

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
I didn't hear about the sealed Stadium Events being uncovered. That's pretty crazy. I'd like to start collecting the blisters but I would really be tempted to open them for a fresh controller for the dang MK hotlap thread haha.

Cabanon
Elite
uh where is this SE sealed story at ? havent heard of it either.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
@cabanon @sublime Check out the nintendoage thread under "collecting" OR check out pat the NES punk's completely unnecessary podcast on youtube. He covered the story a couple days ago!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: