Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blister controller collections
Topic Started: Jun 2 2015, 05:06 PM (2,466 Views)
ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
Has anyone else on here gotten their blister controllers graded by VGA? Or am I still the only fool to have paid to have them encased in acrylic? :-8

Posted Image
(gold one is not pictured because when I took the picture years ago, the case was damaged and had to be sent back... I currently have the full set graded and sealed)
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ddr2nite
Member Avatar
Controller Collecting Extraordinaire
gamerjerome
Sep 25 2017, 07:58 PM
It's hard to tell but my gold one is pretty yellowed. I might find another sometime down the road.
When I first obtained my Watermelon blister (from Finngamer through a trade/purchase) it looked barely yellowed... but after I had it VGA graded and sealed, over 5 years that blister has turned very yellow. It's interesting because none of the other VGA graded controllers turned yellow at all, just the Watermelon :-/

My full set of VGA graded blister controllers are sitting in a room that doesn't have direct sun. But as we know, the yellowing affect is due to the plastic reacting to air/oxygen.
Edited by ddr2nite, Oct 26 2017, 09:41 AM.
Posted ImageClick here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply