Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blister controller collections
Topic Started: Jun 2 2015, 05:06 PM (3,286 Views)
Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Conker69
Jun 4 2015, 02:30 PM
Bamboozled
Jun 4 2015, 02:02 PM
What is the classification of "complete?"
All 7 controllers

1. Ice Blue
2. Jungle Green
3. Smoke
4. Grape
5. Fire Orange
6. Watermelon
7. Gold
I think he meant do they need to be sealed to be considered a 'complete' set.
I thought it would be wise to verify that anyways, all controllers need to be sealed.

We need to add more people to this list!! :) Glad to see conker69 putting this together.
Edited by Sixty Formula, Jun 17 2015, 08:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
DarkLink
Jun 18 2015, 02:44 AM
I'll post mine as soon as I have a complete Set. This could still take a while though. All my current Pics are in the controller discussion and post when you buy or sell any game topic.
Good luck DarkLink! The watermelon has come up on ebay several times this year, it's likely we'll see another soon. We'd love to see you snag it and complete the collection. :)

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
rdools
Sep 7 2015, 06:44 AM
I have pretty recently gotten into collecting these, have the grape, smoke and gold. If anyone has one of the other 4 available, I may be interested
Ice blue seemed to be the most common about a year ago, but I haven't seen one in a while. Good luck rdools! I'll keep an eye out for you, let you know if I see a color you don't have.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
@ congrats jone, difficult set to acquire.

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
gamerjerome
Mar 27 2016, 11:51 PM
Still short myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

This is what I currently have

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?
I was one of the ones that purchased a watermelon controller last year. I can say that there are at least 2 watermelon controllers that aren't accompanied with a complete set. You have one, and I know that Siccooper has kept his and still does not have a complete set. I8ablueskittle did have a complete set, but since sold 1 or 2 of the controllers (if i'm not mistaken) not including his watermelon - so that would be a third controller without a complete set. Jonebone has an insanely good point. The watermelon wasn't even the last blister controller I needed for the set, the Grape was. With that being said, there have been several grapes to have gone up since, so any color could become readily or scarcely available at any time. I mean, a sealed box of stadium events was just uncovered, so anything is possible! Good luck with your search! :yeah:

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
@cabanon @sublime Check out the nintendoage thread under "collecting" OR check out pat the NES punk's completely unnecessary podcast on youtube. He covered the story a couple days ago!

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Watermelon controller is up for sale on ebay. Does this belong to anyone on here? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-Funtastic-Watermelon-Controller-New-Sealed-Blister-Ultra-Rare-N64-/272219677465?hash=item3f618ea319:g:IEwAAOSwubRXGSq8

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
Oh don't worry, I don't mind if he sees it. Information is good!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply