Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blister controller collections
Topic Started: Jun 2 2015, 05:06 PM (3,314 Views)
gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Still short myself on the blisters. I messaged the guy that has those blisters for sale on ebay to see if he'll sell me three of them. No reply back. A clear smoke just popped up on ebay but it's overpriced. Contacted the seller with my offer. They said the price they have is what the last one sold for which is not true. I don't think they know people can look up completed sold listings in the last 90 days.

This is what I currently have

-Watermelon
-Fire
-Grape
-Gold

Looking for
-Smoke
-Green
-Ice

I know completed sets are even more rare but how many Watermelon Blisters are there? Any others besides myself that have it that are not complete? I kind of want to get an idea of how many exist. Only two sold on ebay last year. Not sure if any of you bought one of those. Maybe less than 20?
Edited by gamerjerome, Mar 28 2016, 12:04 AM.
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
@milage007 Thanks

@jonebone Well 5 days later it still sits at $275 with 14 watchers. $284 w/shipping. Someone may adventually pick it up but I doubt it. If you look at the last three sold they're all way under that price and that's how most people are going to look at it in terms value. I'm not complaining that he has it priced at that but logically speaking, one comes about everything month or two and they go for less. So I can wait. I debated buying it at that price but I'm just not willing to spend that much. It's not a money issue I just don't value it any higher. I'd pay $230-250 if another doesn't come up this month. The other three sold for $157, $227 and $247. The one for $157 didn't have any cracks in it either and it was an auction. Even if we chalk that one up for being underpriced you're still looking at an average price of $237.

I'm sure another will come up. The seller may drop the price to entice a buyer down the line. They should think about it before another cheaper one pops up. Most sellers will undercut another if there are only a few for sale.

Note: The guy will the blister lot for 2k got back to me again after the auction went unsold. He said a "friend" offered him $1600 for the lot. If it also had a fire controller sans the expansion pak, then it could have been was worth that. Although markets change so maybe they start to really go up, who knows.
Edited by gamerjerome, Apr 2 2016, 09:17 PM.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
No64DD
Nov 2 2016, 07:53 PM
I'm glad i do not collect blister controllers, but can imagine the people that no longer need a complete set, feel the same way? :lol:

:applause: Amen to that. I'm one of those people though. I have the hard ones out of the way but still trying to get the last three under my budget has been a pain. If I was willing to drop 1k on them in total i'd have them by now but I'm not. Some guy was selling a smoke starting $300 auction with a buyitnow at $450. I feel like a douche sending them a message saying it's not worth that. I gave them a very good offer but they just ignore me. They see a few complete auctions of other controllers :read: and assume its worth top dollar. Oh well. 2016 was a :pottymouth: year anyway. This year will be better.

So with that said, who's got a Jungle, Smoke or Ice? lol

Update: 2-18, picked up a Smoke. As I mentioned earlier in the thread they have been coming up now and again and I was willing to pay $250 in good condition. Just so happens one popped up on eBay for that exact price. Now just need Jungle and an Ice. :)

Posted Image
Edited by gamerjerome, Mar 16 2017, 08:49 PM.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
I was going to update my previous post but I thought id bump it to bring up the conversation. Plus I'm excited. Only one more to go!

I just picked up this lot from ebay. I tried to get the controller separately but they wouldn't budge. Nice people though. The boxed N64 has a jungle green controller so I'm going to put a grey back in the set and sell everything else but the Ice blister.

Price was $379. After selling everything it should net me a sealed Ice controler for a decent price.

UPDATE: Just realized this was also my 64th post. :dance:

Posted Image

Edited by gamerjerome, Mar 31 2017, 05:39 PM.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Thanks @milage007

Got it, she's basically mint. No cracks in the plastic. Very slight yellow tint, hard to notice. I found out the 4mb expansion pack was opened though. Oh well. Didn't picture junk games.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, trying to find a Jungle Green

Posted Image
Edited by gamerjerome, Apr 4 2017, 06:24 PM.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Thanks for keeping an eye out @Milage007

I'm sure I'll complete it this year. I just listed the lot with the boxed n64. I decided to add a boxed Mario 64 to the listing as well. I had an extra but it's a player's choice cart mismatched with a first run box. We'll see what I get.

@jonebone I'm a frugal shopper for the most part. If I didn't get really lucky with the Watermelon, Fire and Grape a few years ago I wouldn't be this far.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
lithium017
May 7 2017, 07:56 AM
I want to do a pricing guide on these again soon - can anyone help me out with prices? Especially for the rarer ones like Watermelon. Any help is appreciated
You basically have to keep up with the ones sold on ebay and then release the numbers every so often. I believe two Watermelon sold last year. Can't remember the prices. One sold this year for only $150 and there another one running right now for $1500.

This is all I have for the last 90 days from ebay.

Completed Sold
Updated 9/17/17

Fire: $199.95, $449.95, $180.00, $530.99
Jungle: $177.07, $305.99, $199.99, $180.99, $315
Grape: $200
Ice: $200, $260, $113.50, $199.99, $130.50, $180, $172.49, $169, 170.07
Smoke: $199.95, $249.95, $249.95, $194.08
Watermelon: $186.10 $150.00, $500 :blink:
Gold: $196.48, $196.50
Edited by gamerjerome, Sep 17 2017, 11:31 PM.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Well you can put me on the board @Conker69 :D

I missed the Jungle green that went for sale last month. Another came up this month and in better condition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grey Variants - (9/14)

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Thanks Cabanon, Strider, Milage007

The conditions are not bad considering how old these things are now. It's hard to tell but my gold one is pretty yellowed. I might find another sometime down the road.

Grey Variants - (9/14)

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Collecting · Next Topic »
Add Reply