Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RIVE; Switch eShop
Topic Started: Jun 17 2015, 08:44 AM (166 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
With the barrage of Wii U information that was announced yesterday, the free Nindie game trials seem to be flying under the radar.

I gave RIVE a short run last night. It's part shmup, part platformer, with some brilliant graphics and even better explosions. Gives Bangai-O a run for its money in terms of sheer number of explosions per TV screen space.

There is a hacking mechanism that I haven't really delved into, but game looks promising. Anyone else giving this one a whirl?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
The Nindie trials got my attention. Yesterday I downloaded them all and I'm going to try them. If anyone wants impressions I can provide.
I tried one, "Lovely Planet" it was so... rudimentary. Didn't enjoy it at all. But judging by the printscreens alone, I guess we can expect a lot more from the other 8.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Oh, that was the 8-bit (or 2-bit X_D ) looking shooter, right? Yeah, way too trippy for me. But hey, that is what independent releases are about, someone's artist outlet rather than food for consumption by the masses.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
On the theme of never say die, guess which new-age shmup is coming to a Nintendo console TODAY?!?

Yes, Rive, thatís correct (youíre a smart bunch!!)

Rive will be available on the Switch eShop starting today. For the first two weeks, it is available for te low, low price of $12.75 (then $15 thereafter).

Pretty sure Iíll be downloading this one tonight...anyone else (still) intetest in Rive?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo Switch · Next Topic »
Add Reply