Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rainbow Six; July Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jul 3 2015, 12:59 PM (376 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Rainbow Six is our winner. I never tried it on a console, but owned and enjoyed it on a PC. I am curious to see what others thoughts of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'm very disappointed, WDC deserved to win :nope: hahaha

By the way, I bought Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six on the day one (maybe was the day one in my city haha, my old trusted store always used to get the games in delay :-P), and I was sure that I would have love it. Because I was a Goldeneye 007 and Mission: Impossible fanatic, so I figured a mix between that two games.
Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the poor graphics and animations, all the technical aspects (also sounds) was mediocre.
I gave it a chance and however the game was good for some aspect, especially if you like the tactical aspects, drawing and projecting all the missions ecc.
I sold the game to a friend of mine and he loved it, he beaten the game in veteran mode and we played together this game for a while. Good times ;-)

Not a very good game but it has some strong points.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

ODPKING04
Member Avatar
Established Member
Me personally I love the game
Just having to actually use ur team to win the game gives it that extra fun
New to collecting
CIB consoles 2/16
CIB NTSC 5/296
NTSC cartridge 3/296

MrKoippa
Member Avatar
Retired gamer
edit
Edited by MrKoippa, Feb 6 2016, 08:58 AM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Hurrah! Rainbow Six is Game of the Month!

And what a game too. Now, admittedly, you can go through the game while letting your other team(s) sit right where they are (I did so when I finished the game for the Beats 'Em All), but I just love it when a plan comes together. Planning where the other team(s) go correctly can cut a mission's completion time nearly in half. Of course, making mistakes can get your teammates killed permenantly. It's definitely something to watch out for.

Besides that, the shooting is pretty good and the story is interesting as well if you feel like reading the stuff between missions. All in all, a great N64 shooter. Not as good as the PC original I hear (you get to use more operatives in that one), but close enough. Apparently, it beats the pants off of the PS1 port. :P
Posted Image

sanni
Member Avatar
I played this with a friend a lot, on of the few games with true coop mode. Sure it's a bad game but ever game you play with a friend long enough turns into a good game :)
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
PLayed through a lot of this like many with a Friend and found it to be a good game. I've tried going back to it recently and didnt enjoy it much
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
I am a big, BIG fan of Rainbowsix3/Blackarrow for the Xbox so for that reason I feel attached to every iteration of R6, but this is one is not that great I'll have to admit.

R6 is all about co-op also so if you're playing alone it doesn't help :\

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Wow. Not many people here like this game too much.

Makes me wonder how it even won GotM. :blink:
Posted Image

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
EnvyFox
Jul 6 2015, 09:10 PM
Wow. Not many people here like this game too much.

Makes me wonder how it even won GotM. :blink:
Superman64 needed company :whistle:

skodathegreat
Member Avatar
Never played Rainbow Six on the N64. I remember playing it on my brothers Playstation :phear: back in the day.

It was a good game on that system certainly.

breeding_fear
Member Avatar
Established Member
Anybody know what the expansion pack did to this game? :P
:n64: EUR PAL Games: 111/239

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I've just picked this up actually pretty cheaply. I'll give it a proper whirl soon and report back on my opinion. I like how you can shoot your team mates. Left me going through the level on my own on my first attempt... :unsure:
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply