Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
World Driver Championship; August Game of the Month
Topic Started: Aug 3 2015, 10:47 AM (1,439 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
I definitely will give this a whirl. I love me some N64 racers (though I'm sure it pales in comparison with SWE1R :lol: )
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I gave WCD a whirl. Certainly a very ambitious and in-depth title, esp. for a racing game of that vintage.

At the entry level (c class), the handling is not great, but that is the story with many N64 racers...the better vehicles come later.

Also, the speed of the thirs person view is very unimpressive. My cars feels like a "komani bullet". But this is not really a fair criticism either, because the first person view moves faster. Of course, you'll wish our car had whiskers, because the side hit detection is something one must adjust to when racing in the first person view. And I'm sure the higher class vehicles move faster.

In many respects, this game is like one of my personal favorite N64 racers, Roadsters. Career mode, level of realistic racing, better vehicles as you go, etc. but WDC lacks the one thing I most value in N64 games, and that is a sense of the whimsicle. WDC is a sim, and I'd just rather play a racer with more un-realism because I find them more fun. Still, WDC looks to be a solid title that I hope to play through one day.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
italia64
Aug 13 2015, 04:18 AM
WDC is a game who need to be discovered step by step.
True of so many N64 games, which, I think it is fair to say, were marketed at a time where a family might get one or two new games per birthday/holiday. You bought it; you played it; there was no "backlog". Renting and friend-loaners were around I suppose, but there was no eBay hawking games (even new ones) for pennies on the dollar.

I will definitely have to give WDC another go. A little help requested: what car/team would you recommend at the C level? I liked the Porsche (Spain?); hated the supposedly faster Lotus (Italy, curiously).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply