Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Cheers to us!; Celebrate our best moments together!
Topic Started: Aug 8 2015, 08:54 PM (1,916 Views)
Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Hola mi amigo's!

I wanted to start a topic to celebrate some big moments in our lives. Tell me about big steps in your life to better yourself, or someone around you. May it be about a job, a personal mile stone, a life long goal, a career change, a great weeks, anything that you have been reaching for!

Today is the wrap day for season 4A for North Woods Law, a tv show on Animal Planet which I have had the pleasure of working on. Its been a big step in my life, I worked a couple feature films but this has been the biggest moment in my career. I have already signed on for the next season and look forward to all that I can gain from this experience. I thank you all for being here and helping me escape from work and relax. I know it may seem simple but coming back to this forum at the end of each day has been a great way for me to relax and prepare for the next day! Cheers to us!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Congratulations man! And nice idea :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
400 posts here! Posts go by so fast!
See ya around, guys!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
It's the second day of season 4b for North Woods Law and Im pumped to be back at this job again. Here's to a great new season of TV filming!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Nice topic :)

Let me see...

I guess the most recent thing I am proud to have accomplished is my current job. 14 months ago I was working 50 hours a week to make ends meet with a $500 a week job. I did something unexpected for me and went out on a limb. I took a job as a car salesman. I make twice what I used to now. Though a commission only job can be stressful at times, with highs and lows, but it is the only job I have ever had that I love.

I am proud that I am the father of an almost 5 years old girl now, even though it was unplanned. And I am proud to say October will be my 14th anniversary with my wife.

In other trivial things I am proud of:
I am proud of the five years I spent teaching an MMA class. Though I no longer get to due to time constraints, it was a lot of fun and let me complete a life long dream. Plus the guys I trained never lost to anybody trained outside of our group :yeah:

I was also really good at battlefield games, particularly at Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3. At one point I was ranked second in skill level for the entire world.

I used to play fantasy football, and am proud to say I was very good at it. I quit because it took up to much time to keep up the level of success I was achieving. I started in 2005, and had no idea what I was doing. I opened the season 3-5. By that time, I was learning. I finished that season 7-5, and won the league championship as a wild card. The next year I went 10-1, my only loss in the first round of the playoffs. 2007 was my last year, and I took on two teams. Both teams finished 11-1 and won their leagues. In three years, with four teams, my overall record was 39-8 with three championships. I finished out going 36-3 in my last 39 games. I never played for money, but perhaps should have :lol: Truth be told, it is all in research and preparation. I was having to spend 12-15 hours a week prepping for selections, which is just way too much. I would also start preparing for my drafts two months in advance. I would estimate over 50 hours of prepping there for that alone.

That's about all I can think of right now

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
500 posts. Hooray Newbies, as the old crowd said. Maybe I'm just a little too active on the forum? :whistle:
This site is a great place.
- Bamboozled :link:
:mario:
Edited by Bamboozled, Oct 13 2015, 06:11 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Congrats Bamboozled! I always appreciate your positive vibes. Keep on posting!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Right on Bam, and no your not on too much. Congrats on the 500 and I am getting close to my 1000th. Would have gotten there sooner but I spent 3 years away from this site, I am sorry... I was in college and girls n' drinking took over my life :dance:
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Congratulations Bamboozled. Activity only shows your interest which is a good thing. Watch out though I'm right over your shoulder PAL. :n64: :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Just hit 1,000 posts, didn't think it would come but I am now an elite senior member!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Congrats PM. Nice milestone! Onwards and upwards... :n64:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
Gratz, PM!
Here's to 1000 more!
:n64:
Thanks for posting. It's nice to see the regulars.
Posted Image
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
I'm very late on this, but I've broken my 2014 record of completed games. My final game completion total in the "Games You've Finished in 2014" thread is 52. Earlier today marked my 59th completion and I'm working on number 60 as I type this. Given that I didn't expect to beat my old record, I am definitely proud of what I've done. ^_^
Edited by EnvyFox, Oct 22 2015, 07:26 PM.
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
EnvyFox
Oct 22 2015, 07:25 PM
I'm very late on this, but I've broken my 2014 record of completed games. My final game completion total in the "Games You've Finished in 2014" thread is 52. Earlier today marked my 59th completion and I'm working on number 60 as I type this. Given that I didn't expect to beat my old record, I am definitely proud of what I've done. ^_^
Good work EF. Still don't know how you manage to squeeze the time in. Do you not spend much time just online gaming? I guess because I spend a fair amount when I do play just shanking people on COD online or playing PES I don't do as much solo playing as I could do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game

Onwards and upwards. It is nice to be part of this community.

Game on.

:yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
The first episode I worked on for North Woods Law aired tonight and I saw my name in the credits. I can't wait to see my name on every new episode for the next 2 seasons! Woo I am super happy, and the Patriots won! great day!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
800 posts.
:link:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Come on 1,000! Go Bam
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
I'm already coming back here to say 900. :blink:
Something special coming at 1000...
Edited by Bamboozled, Feb 5 2016, 02:17 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Bamboozled
Feb 5 2016, 02:17 PM
I'm already coming back here to say 900. :blink:
Something special coming at 1000...
Good going pal. On to 1000 we go! :w00t:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Super excited to say that I was contacted this morning by a film friend (who I've worked with before) telling me that the director is coming back from California and wants to make another move, better yet they want me on the crew! Super pumped as I haven't had a film job since North Woods Law ended in November. Better still I am getting a big promotion from the last time I worked with them, and the position of 2nd Assistant Director is on the table. I am super happy right now!

Now to go get a pint and raise my glass to you guys, Cheers!
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Feb 25 2016, 02:39 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Awesome news, Pimpin! Cheers!
Posted Image
Posted Image

NintendoLuke99
Member Avatar
Nintendo 64 Teen Enthusiast
I had since October wanted to go to a Billy Joel Concert. He was coming to Cincinnati on the 5th of April and I was so excited and everything. Only one small problem, the tickets were sold out by December and was so bummed that I could not see him. Well on Leap Day of this year, my parents took me to Game on and we ended up having dinner with a old family friend of ours. I brought up the fact that I wanted to see him and well next thing I know she grabs her purse and puts two tickets on the table and says I pulled a couple strings and I know you've been going through stuff and I wanted to do something nice for you. SO FREAKING EXCITED!! Going to be seeing Billy Joel along with either my older brother or someone else on the Fifth of April!!! Gonna be so much fun!! :) :shades: :dance: :dance: :D :)
Get :n64: Or Get Out! :n64: slogan
:n64: Forever!

My :n64: Collection
1 Black :n64: console
34 :n64: Games
3 Offical :n64: controllers

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Congrats Luke.

Cheers to me. So you probably know I got the Smoke finally the other week. See below pics of all my colourful consoles together. Such funtastic. Will I try and acquire a Daiei Hawks and a Jusco in the future? Perhaps, but they are quite pricey for what they are now and to be honest I'm actually now content I have these.

Hopefully moving into my new house soon. Solicitors have now received the contract so a little more red tape left to go through. Exciting times. I look forward to displaying all my stuff in the game room and being able to show it all to fellow fans and collectors.

Big thanks to the forum, the mods and the people here. I love coming here it's nice to know people share the interest I have, wherever in the world you all may be.

Posted Image
Edited by Milage007, Mar 3 2016, 03:44 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
That's a pretty picture. :yeah:

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Well boys and gals, it looks like this guy has another film gig!!! Went out on a location scout with 6 members of the crew and started to get the ball rolling. I've worked with this director before and he is a great guy. Best part is I got a huge promotion from Production Assistant (last film I worked with him) to 2nd Assistant Director! This will look super good on my resume and it will also push me to new levels. I have a lot of responsibility and literally write out everyones daily plans (call sheets) among many other jobs.

The sad part to this is I probably wont pop in as much for about a month, but I'm sure some of the Mario Kart hotlappers will enjoy my silence lol.

I raise my glass to you. Cheers!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
Congrats, man! I'm very happy for you. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that life is ultimately more important, so take as long as you need.

By the way, it's mis amigos, not "mi amigos". ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Cheers indeed, Pimpin! Congrats!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sgally23
Established Member
Congrats

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Well boys, I'm both excited and sad to say I wont be around this forum for a little while as I got picked up for a tv show in Texas!!! This is great news for me as I live in Maine and I'm happy to be worth enough to this company for them to fly me out to Texas for a month to work for them. Hopeful I will pop in here or there but please don't mind my absence for a while. I know I just got back but...
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Aug 23 2016, 08:28 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: