Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Forever YouTube Channel & Podcast
Topic Started: Aug 27 2015, 02:09 AM (795 Views)
Rocky
Member Avatar
Myself and my fellow N64 Forever associates been discussing ways we can make the best N64 website on the internet even better through our Skype chat (seriously, why you haven't you joined yet? ;] ) A topic that came up was having our own podcast! Think about it. N64 enthusiasts from different backgrounds, continents, and cultures discussing what we all love in common. As far as the technicalities like how it will be run and set-up, I have a few ideas.

First of all I think everything as far as the planning, speaking, and recording should be done through Skype. It's intuitive and easy to set-up and most importantly: free. For the planning stage I'm thinking we should set up a Skype chat group separate from our already existing one, just for talking about the Podcast. In the 'planning chat' we can think about what interesting topics we can discuss, figure out guests, and finish other logistical things likes times and dates.

As far as where the recordings will go...I think we should start our own official YouTube channel and put our recordings there. Our own YouTube channel with unique N64 Forever content is a thread topic for another day. But you see where I'm getting at right? We need to start building our brand per se because not only is it fun to do but it also makes our community and public image even stronger! Facebook, YouTube, Podcasts...they will interweave and help each other out.

I'm curious to see what my fellow members think and more importantly, our staff, and go from there without going into further detail. :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nuno
Member Avatar
Veteran
I think that could be a brilliant idea!
Assuming it is well done and organized (I've come across many bad podcasts so I'm guessing it takes a little more than it seems to have a nice podcast) this could be much fun.

I'd love to hear some conversations between our members and hear about interesting N64-related topics.

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
I've been on board with having an N64 Forever YouTube channel for years, I think it would really help to build the community of the site.

You could easily have one video per month to discuss what's been happening here by basically just going down the sub-boards and picking the latest topics. If you film it straight after the Game of the Month is decided you can start by talking about that. Then move onto some of the more interestings topics since the last update. For example any new discoveries in the collecting scene, and if we're currently having any competitions or contests. Then maybe showcase one collection from the gallery and then move onto more modern gaming news away from N64 and some of our more social subjects, etc. Maybe this feature could be done by a different member each time to help put a face to the names.

I feel podcasts are a lot harder to do, as viewers will want to see the same hosts over and over again as its really more about their personalities and being interested in their opinions. This would mean someone having to take the lead and be a regular host, they'll need a lot of spare time if say every 2 weeks they are organising, filming and editing, it's a lot of work. There's certainly room for both tho, in fact the best YouTube channels have diverse content so we'd have to do other things like game reviews and top 10 lists to mix it up too.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Loving the enthusiasm and creativity. I've always hoped we could have a youtube channel, or that our members with channels could coordinate under the N64Forever.com. But alas, I am not a youtuber and could not help out in that regard.

Guys, the Staff would ask that any such endeavors be coordinated with the Staff. You could imagine our dismay if , say a N64Forever youtuber's videos were profanity-laiden. Or the pod cast was full of rants and off-color remarks. This is NOT intended to present a huge hurdle in any way, but anything N64Forever.com "branded" should be consistent with the way we conduct ourselves here. (And I do not mean to suggest anyone is proposing anything to the contrary).
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
I understand your concerns Bluedog and I would love for the staff's involvement in the YouTube channel and Podcast so everyone's happy. :yeah:

I have a YouTube channel currently with 13,000 subscribers (got all the subs from a prank I did in 2012, got 7 million views). I could theoretically re-brand it as a N64 Forever channel so we're off to a booming start. Before I do that I want to consult with you guys and send you a "pilot" per se and see what you think. And we can move from there with your feedback. :n64:
Edited by Rocky, Aug 28 2015, 11:07 AM.
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Please do. 7M views. Wow. That must have been some prank.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Cool, Rocky! I think outreach like this would be cool, and as passionate as the members are here, I'm sure we'd be well represented. I look forward to what the members and admins come up with.

If you guys need any help, I'd be happy to contribute. But I'm also happy to stay out of the way and watch magic happen. =)
Edited by kartmaster, Aug 28 2015, 11:41 AM.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
I'd suggest against using that existing channel to be honest, they probably subscribed for prank videos, starting to upload a bunch of N64 content on the channel will just result in alot of annoyed people.
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
I have steadily moved away from pranks over the years and have been focusing on game videos but I can definitely see where you're coming from Matt. I think it would be optimal just starting fresh, and it would also be more rewarding in the long run too seeing how much growth we can get. I can get on working on the pilot video very soon.
Edited by Rocky, Aug 28 2015, 11:18 PM.
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
I think this is a really good idea and something I would be keen to get involved in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Well agreed, Milage!
I would love involvement in the project.
Posted Image
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
I really want to see this take off.

I'm just fine with watching the videos, though. The way I am outside of this website (and in real life) is not something I would slap the N64Forever.com brand on for reasons stated by bluedogrulez.

Besides, many of the other members here will have more to offer and I would love to tune in regularly to hear what they have to say.
Posted Image

Sixty Formula
Member Avatar
Established Member
This sounds awesome! I have a youtube channel where I talk about Nintendo 64 exclusively, so I would totally be down to coordinate some awesome content for the site!

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'd be very interested in seeing where this goes :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

KnightlyGaming
Member Avatar
This sounds amazing! I would recommend (as said higher up) to get someone who can be a regular host, or even maybe a few, and then have others rotate when in when possible. I think this would be a great way of spreading the word about this awesome forum as well as a way for those of us in the forum to feel more connected and be able to see what our fellow forum members are like outside of text on a screen.

If you're looking for some inspiration I would check out the Co-Optional Podcast by Totalbiscuit on youtube/twitch. It has 3 main hosts with one spot filled with a guest each time. They talk about all sorts of stuff but still have an organized structure while having fun and being somewhat casual.
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
This sounds like a great idea.

Culbert17
Member Avatar
Established Member
I'd love to see it. You got a sub in me.
Posted Image

Karsty5
Member Avatar
The GCN guy
Sounds like a great idea! I would definitely subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7OLL-vIfr4bMQhasZ6a1A - My YouTube Channel
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply