Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Forever YouTube Channel & Podcast
Topic Started: Aug 27 2015, 02:09 AM (1,174 Views)
Rocky
Member Avatar
Myself and my fellow N64 Forever associates been discussing ways we can make the best N64 website on the internet even better through our Skype chat (seriously, why you haven't you joined yet? ;] ) A topic that came up was having our own podcast! Think about it. N64 enthusiasts from different backgrounds, continents, and cultures discussing what we all love in common. As far as the technicalities like how it will be run and set-up, I have a few ideas.

First of all I think everything as far as the planning, speaking, and recording should be done through Skype. It's intuitive and easy to set-up and most importantly: free. For the planning stage I'm thinking we should set up a Skype chat group separate from our already existing one, just for talking about the Podcast. In the 'planning chat' we can think about what interesting topics we can discuss, figure out guests, and finish other logistical things likes times and dates.

As far as where the recordings will go...I think we should start our own official YouTube channel and put our recordings there. Our own YouTube channel with unique N64 Forever content is a thread topic for another day. But you see where I'm getting at right? We need to start building our brand per se because not only is it fun to do but it also makes our community and public image even stronger! Facebook, YouTube, Podcasts...they will interweave and help each other out.

I'm curious to see what my fellow members think and more importantly, our staff, and go from there without going into further detail. :yeah:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
I understand your concerns Bluedog and I would love for the staff's involvement in the YouTube channel and Podcast so everyone's happy. :yeah:

I have a YouTube channel currently with 13,000 subscribers (got all the subs from a prank I did in 2012, got 7 million views). I could theoretically re-brand it as a N64 Forever channel so we're off to a booming start. Before I do that I want to consult with you guys and send you a "pilot" per se and see what you think. And we can move from there with your feedback. :n64:
Edited by Rocky, Aug 28 2015, 11:07 AM.
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
I have steadily moved away from pranks over the years and have been focusing on game videos but I can definitely see where you're coming from Matt. I think it would be optimal just starting fresh, and it would also be more rewarding in the long run too seeing how much growth we can get. I can get on working on the pilot video very soon.
Edited by Rocky, Aug 28 2015, 11:18 PM.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply