Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour; September Game of the Month
Topic Started: Sep 4 2015, 02:51 PM (904 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
This game is great!
I prefer it over Duke Nukem 64. There is the Duke style and attitudes and plenty of citations (there is a poster of Turok Dinosaur Hunter haha).
Nice TPS, nice plot, solid graphic (frame rate may drop with Expansion Pak) and funny gameplay.

I'm going to use this topic for my personal purposes hehehe:

I want to play it again and this time 100% beat it. Unfortunately I read that a bug can't permit the 100% completion (if someone is interested I will explain where).

So I ask: if some o you 100% beaten this game please contact me and tell me how did you do.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I'm on level 5. The lack of save points is very frustrating but the game is still very good.
I have to write all the game's one liners, some are wonderful :-P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
First attempt to discover more informations about the glitch on Up Ship Creek.
I noticed that two enemies are in the cryogenic rooms, maybe finding a way to wake up them I will manage to 100% beat the level.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
@Buddy1983, if you have patience this game worths the time.
In the last levels is less frustrating because you know how to avoid the sudden deaths ;-)

I almost beaten the game and I noticed this fact in level 18, look the kills count :eh:

Posted Image
Edited by italia64, Oct 21 2015, 06:00 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Bamboozled
Oct 20 2015, 04:53 PM
The picture doesn't work, italia.
Fixed mate ;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Kerr Avon...thanks!
Your post is perfect and very appreciated. You analysed very well the problem.

I read that someone get 99% so I thought: "well in this case the two enemies in the cryogenic cases can't be the issue because they're two", but looking the glitch about The Brothers Nukem level seems possible that in Up Ship Creek level the kills count can be 65/64 with that two.

By the way, yesterday I tried again and I get again 98% and not 99%.

I have the N64 Magazine walkthrough and it's a very poor walkthrough haha. Levels got wrong names and are in a wrong order.

Many thanks man ;-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
I played again the level and for the 3rd time and still 98%.
I watched the YouTube video and the guy goes in all the room I been, and killed the enemies that I killed. So I don't understand why my file says 62 and his 63.
I have to count one by one his kills and mine maybe haha, he suggested in the comments that drones who explode by themselves don't count as kills but I didn't remember to missed some of them which are exploded against me, and I doubt that in all three attempts only one drone get suicided.

After I killed 62 enemies I've been again in all the rooms, in all the parts out of the ship, in the water, in the starting sections, in the rooms where you deactivate the defensive systems, etc.
I've been in all places at least 3-4 times, I used bombs and explosives in a lot of walls, I snipered a lot of far points, nothing.

The explanations at this point are:
- you have to kills the missing enemie/s in a determinate moment, you have a small window time opportunity to see this enemy and kill him
- The developers made an error and this enemy doesn't exist
- There is a bug in the count system as we seen in Duke Brothers level where the enemies are 43 but it counts 44. So maybe also in this case in my version it counts 62 but are 63 (but this wouldn't explain how to get 64).
- There is a way to wake up the two ones in the cryogenic rooms

I have to try the level with all the cheats activated, I hope that I can active the cheats you mentioned easily.
I didn't get 100% in all levels, just in 4-5 levels plus the boss levels of course.
But if I find a way yo get 100% in Up Ship Creek I will definitely try the completion in the other too, in order to activate the ultimate cheat and sign the 100% completion in my backloggery page :-P

Also a friend of mine tried the level multiple times in these day and he didn't go over 98%.
So maybe in the PAL version the 98% is the max.
Edited by italia64, Oct 23 2015, 09:56 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Man, you're making a fantastic work to discover the truth. I'm very happy the someone else is digging :yeah:
An investigation like this belong to this forum hehe.

Tomorrow I will contact some developers if I manage to find emails and social network profiles.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply