Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour; September Game of the Month
Topic Started: Sep 4 2015, 02:51 PM (742 Views)
EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Aw but I've never even played this one. :(

I've known for a while that there was another Duke Nukem game for the N64, but I'll admit that the only thing I know about it is that it supposedly plays like the original Tomb Raider.

Unfortunately, I own the original Tomb Raider and realized it aged like milk, so I've got some questions to ask. For starters, does Duke Nukem: Zero Hour play like Tomb Raider and, if so, is the game built around it better? Because, if not, I'd rather spend my money on something else.

Either way, congrats to those who voted this game in.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
@action - Thanks for letting me know. My problem with Tomb Raider isn't really the puzzles, but the controls I had to fight with to solve those puzzles. You always had to specifically line yourself up and your jumps had to be picture perfect. With the way Lara controlled, that wasn't very fun for me. However, I feel that control scheme would fair much better in a game where you mostly just shoot alien scum. If I ever find a copy out in the wild, I'll make sure to pick it up.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
@Kerr Avon - Ah that explains a lot. Thanks for clearing that up. Now I'm even more interested in playing Zero Hour.

I remember renting Land of the Babes as a kid (I played a lot of games that I probably shouldn't have around those times), but confess I only remember saving women and getting a hilarious phone call from "Lara." I'm starting to think those PS1 games were Tomb Raider parodies.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply