Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Can't create a WTB thread despite having 10 comments
Topic Started: Oct 23 2015, 08:43 PM (609 Views)
rdools
Title says it all. Any suggestions?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
The threshold has recently been increased to 50 posts.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

rdools
bluedogrulez
Oct 24 2015, 08:03 PM
The threshold has recently been increased to 50 posts.
So many rules and hoops to jump through.

I'd love to use this site more, but aside from bumping old posts, there really isn't much new content to chat about.

I'd also love to share my collection, but even making a collection thread requires a total post number.

Any suggestions?

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
We have rules in place for a reason!!

We are more than happy for you to do all the things you've mentioned. Stick around, have a look through some our topics. We have topics here dating back to 2007 so you can probably find something that would interest you. There is plenty of conversation in the :n64: threads as well as the other video games section.

New things are being added every day. Conversations are being had between our members on all sorts of topics! I hope you stick around, not really that hard to get to 50 posts!

We have these rules in place to stop drop buy selling by people we don't know. It has been the decision of this staff to make this as safe a place as possible for people to talk about the :n64: and buy sell and trade when you reach the required amount of posts.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Inattentive
Member Avatar
Established Member
Also if you realy want to know something and you can't find it on the forum.
Ask a question.

On the other hand, if you are pretty sure you do know something well and there isn't a real "guide" or "FAQ" about that topic. Go ahead
Make one yourself, help out the community.

And the community will give back (red danger, Communisme is lurking, warning warning >:-] )
Most of the people are willing to read and learn allot about N64 and your history with it (and other consoles)

Also, i'm a lurker as you can see.
Over a year "active".
I'm reading alot. Not posting much.

Edited by Inattentive, Oct 29 2015, 12:38 PM.
Retro games are made to last. Hard to play and a you need to use your mind.
Today, it just seems you need a big wallet to finish a game.

- Looking for blisters. Contact me!

Cabanon
Elite
I kinda get why he's upset and I totally get that the threshold post for a WTB & Collection thread should be at 0.

If you have nothing to say or to contribute to an already existing thread, then dont bump it for no reason.

If you have nothing to ask, then dont start a thread for post count purpose.

for a "FOR SALE" thread, yes a minimum post I agree with that, but showing off a collection ? eh... no ! we all want to see what members have in their collection, no matter how many post or how old they are on this forum. it doesnt make any sense to me. heck it might result in more activity and discussion from this new/old member with this his/her collection thread asking question how he aquire, whatto get next or what it's goal.

too many rules are pushing away members or the possibilities to get new one.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
There is no post restriction on the Collection Thread. Anyone can post their collection in there. The Galleries is a different story as that has always been intended for long-term members.

While you are entitled to your opinion, of course, I disagree that the Want to Buy thread should be open to new members. The Staff has always been concerned with business transactions initiated here. Transactions between long time members gives us some comfort, but we remain extremely leery of transactions involving a new or drive-by member. So to protect our members, we do not permit newbies from posting in WTB.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
ah, I was mistaken between the Gallery & collection, my bad.

I understand the WTB/FS business side, there's nothing wrong with that. it can be either bad or good depending on which side you look at it (newbie vs long time members). whatever how long a member is registered, I always do a background check as I've been screwed once (who didn't get screwed once in their life anyway?). we learn from our mistake. we've had a case in regarding a supposedly good member here in the past, which invalidate the point of "comfort zone" to me.

Anyway, we've had pretty good success so far so I guess you guys all do a great job regarding the sale section. Kudos !

rdools
bluedogrulez
Oct 30 2015, 08:01 AM
There is no post restriction on the Collection Thread. Anyone can post their collection in there. The Galleries is a different story as that has always been intended for long-term members.

While you are entitled to your opinion, of course, I disagree that the Want to Buy thread should be open to new members. The Staff has always been concerned with business transactions initiated here. Transactions between long time members gives us some comfort, but we remain extremely leery of transactions involving a new or drive-by member. So to protect our members, we do not permit newbies from posting in WTB.
I understand the rational behind it , but I guess it is frustrating as I have done hundreds of online transactions both as a buyer and seller. I have ratings elsewhere (60 on nintendoage, and quite a bit on ebay).

But we have to start somewhere I suppose.

Thanks and sorry if I came off as a dick.

« Previous Topic · Help and Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply