Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Pick Your Console Game of the Year (Pick 1)
Fallout 4 6 (33.3%)
Mario Maker 3 (16.7%)
Rare Replay 4 (22.2%)
Splatoon 5 (27.8%)
Total Votes: 18
2015 Awards - Game of the Year (Modern Console); What is your favorite 2015 release?
Topic Started: Nov 17 2015, 01:40 PM (669 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
As the title indicates, this award is to recognize the best modern console video game in 2015. Once again, there are many good ones to choose from this year.

Each members may nominate one (1) game released in 2015 for any console. After voting concludes, we will put it to a poll among the Top 3 nominees!

Prior Winners:
2014: Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. U (tie)
2013: Super Mario World 3D
2012: Hitman: Absolution

EDIT: 1/2/16 UPDATE: Runoff time! Based upon the voting, it has been determined to make this a FOUR horse race. Please cast your vote in the above poll. We will keep the poll open until 11:59PM on January 15, 2016. So make voting one of the first things you do in 2015 :D
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Rare reply for me, so many great games in one disc
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
First time not Nintendo.. I will nominate Rare Replay Not only it is a great game but I had some personal enjoyment with the Rareware team as well. :yeah:
Edited by Vinyl, Dec 3 2015, 08:37 AM.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
For me, it's Splatoon by a long shot. I played it religiously for about 6 months straight, and after a brief hiatus, have picked it up again because it's just so much fun. And it evolves from a challenge level as new levels, weapons and players enter the fray. I've also participated in every Splatfest and intend to get some run in this Saturday's contest. This new IP for Nintendo hit the ball out of the park for sure!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
I vote Undertale, definitely goty for me. It's refreshing to play such an original game in a year filled with remasters and ports. I was hesitant to play it at first because I thought it was just another one of those 8bit indie snob games but boy I was way off. The story and characters are charming/funny. I really enjoy how they merged the gameplay of a bullet hell in with a rpg, and it's really cool how you can spare enemies too which is a puzzle in it of itself. And MAN, the music is freakin' incredible! I haven't heard an OST as good as this in a long time.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I wish I had had more of a chance to play games that released this year but as new releases are transitioning more and more to the current gen consoles I just haven't had a chance to play much of the newer games making a splash these days. That will change for me soon but as for this year, the best (and practically only) new game I played was Life Is Strange so I have to give it my nomination. It was a really good episodic game in the vein of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones from Telltale Games and definitely worth a look.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
My vote goes to Fallout 4. Such a deep open world RPG. Really enjoying my time with it. Easily my favourite game of the year :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkLink
Member Avatar
My vote goes to mario maker. I had the most fun with this game this year.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!
Offline Profile Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Fallout 4 gets my nod :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Splatoon, I had been going solely retro and this reintroduced me to "new".
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Super mario maker is my choice because yet only you can create your levels you can do what theme you want challenging or plain level that looks promising.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Splatoon. I was late hopping on board and was worried that the game and the players had moved on. Boy was I wrong. Still a ton of fun, and it's not like hopping into a modern shooter where I'm getting waxed left right and center. I don't feel like I'm "good" at this game, but I know I'm having FUN playing this game.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Well I've finally been able to play a great deal of Xenoblade Chronicles X and, while it would otherwise be my pick for Game of the Year 2015, it had the misfortune of being released the same year as one other game: Super Mario Maker. This will probably be my fifth time saying this on this site alone, but SMM is my dream come true. Creating my very own Mario courses with all kinds of gimmicks and secrets has been a real blast. Even when I'm working on completing other games, I seem to keep getting side tracked by SMM. "I'll make/play just one quick level and then I'll go back to what I was doing.", but it never ends up that way.

Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X, awesome as it is, never really stood a chance. What can I say? I'm a Super Mario super fan through and through. There was little doubt in my mind that Super Mario Maker would get my vote for this year's Game of the Year. :yoshirider:
Edited by EnvyFox, Dec 18 2015, 11:51 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
My vote is going for Fallout 4.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
COD: Black Ops III for me. I haven't had many new releases this year but this is the best I have had.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I suppose Rare Replay counts, even though it's not really a new game??
I've been playing the crap out of it last few days!

Honourable mention to Wolfenstein: The New Blood.
An add on/mini prequel if you will?
Probably the only other new game I actually played.

A fantastic follow up to the previous Wolfenstein game and easier to get into and not quite so gruesome and disturbing in parts haha!

Haha, the only new games I play are remakes or sequels to old classics it seems!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
A four-way tie will be determined by the above runoff poll. Choose wisely! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Wow, this is coming down to the wire. Remember, the last day to vote is 1/15!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Prior Awards · Next Topic »
Poll Only