Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2015 Awards - Best Thread; What's that topic you just can't wait to read.
Topic Started: Nov 17 2015, 11:38 PM (962 Views)
DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
We have several threads here that get a lot of activity. We want to know your favorite.

Maybe it is the epic "Ebay Topic", "Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game", or "What are You Doing . . . RIGHT NOW?!?" ... Whatever it is, state it here.

The thread named the most will be our "2015 Thread of the Year".
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
For me it "Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game", always check that one out even if i dont have much time to hang out on the board.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting
Offline Profile Goto Top

rdools
Right now I'm in to Kartmaster's Hotlap thread
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Veteran
I think one of the most fun topics that suprised me the most with the amount of positive reactions is
The official N64 Collecting Achievements Topic.
Edited by Vinyl, Dec 3 2015, 08:32 AM.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
There are two threads that I think epitomize what our humble (read: freakin awesome) forum is about. The All N64 (Console) Variations thread is unbelievable. It is a collector's resource and dream, and the research continues. It is an incredible contribution to this site.

The other is Kartmaster's Mario Kart Hot Lap thread. N64 gaming in 2015. Love it. It was precisely this type of thread the Staff had in mind when we created the Gaming & Competition section. My Star Wars E1 Racer challenge drew in a few challengers, but did not take off. I feared the same for Kartmaster's MK64 thread, and even posted my horrid times to promote the cause. Then something magical happened: I got booted from the leaderboard as the thread caught fire. Everyday, new records are set by our highly skilled members. It is great fun and (for those like me on the sidelines) great theater.

Being a gamer over a collector, I'll second the nomination for Kartmaster's Mario Kart 64 Hot Lap Thread for Topic of the Year.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@BDR,
don't worry, the force is still strong with RACER... always.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rocky
Member Avatar
Even though I'm not very good at competitive Mario Kart, I do enjoy watching the hotlap thread! It definitely has a positive fun impact on the community. It gets my vote!
Edited by Rocky, Dec 3 2015, 01:13 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
Hot lap Thread!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkLink
Member Avatar
I nominate: All Console Box Variations (so far!)

It was a very close shave last year already and I believe that this contribution to the forums is one of the most exiting, most revisited and most respected (espacially outside of N64Forever) topics created on this forum.

Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!
Offline Profile Goto Top

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
While I do always look forward to seeing what others have scored in the Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game thread, I get even more excited when there's a new post in the Games You've Finished in 2015 thread. It's awesome seeing all of these really cool gaming accomplishments from all of us here at N64Forever.com and that's why it gets my nomination.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
EnvyFox
Dec 3 2015, 09:59 PM
While I do always look forward to seeing what others have scored in the Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game thread, I get even more excited when there's a new post in the Games You've Finished in 2015 thread. It's awesome seeing all of these really cool gaming accomplishments from all of us here at N64Forever.com and that's why it gets my nomination.
I agree with the above - whilst there are a lot of good threads out there to choose from the games completed in 2015 gets my vote. Great to see what people have completed and over the course of the year as well.

As a side note in relation to BDR's vote - I'd really enjoy taking somebody on at the Goldeneye challenge I.E record time for completing Facility on 00 or whatever. I might be able to compete then. Mario Kart was a very good shout.

:n64:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeeMoney
Member Avatar
Outback Adventurer
I'm going to throw another one behind games you've finished in 2015. I love seeing the variety of games that get beaten around here. Whether it's :n64: games :360: games or :PS: games, collectively on this forum we've beaten hundreds this year :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Something's forgetting that happy birthday thread is always nice to see a member recieving bday thx from other members I will always bring joy to bday members :)
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm voting for the hotlap thread. I've never even played Mario Kart 64 but I'm living vicariously through the many competitors and I always check out new posts there to see how far the next person has pushed their limits. Always a fun read. :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I'm glad so many people are enjoying the Hotlap thread! For me it's awesome just to be playing again, and to know that I'm still just as capable as my 15 year old self. Beyond that, it's great to play with people who's commentary I enjoy and respect. You all rock. THANK YOU.

Even still, the history nerd in me can't ignore the N64 Console Variations thread. I get so fascinated by the nuances of history and without a thread like this, it would be lost. Might as well not even existed. But thanks to efforts by the members of this forum, the Nintendo 64 will continue to live on with a richer and more interesting story for as long as people care to keep telling it.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
My vote is for Mario Kart Hot Laps! I spend most of my time there checking on peoples times and waiting for weekly updates! Great group of people racing and kartmaster is doing a great job running it.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game for me :yeah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
My vote is useless at this point but I love Nintendo 64 Forever Beat 'Em All thread. It helped me a lot to remember me how fantastic this console is.

Special mention for Console Variants and Collecting Achievements topics too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
This is a tough choice for me as there are so many great threads that I keep coming back to check for updates several times a day. However my nomination for Best Thread 2015 goes to Full List of N64 Variations. To me this thread epitomizes everything that this wonderful forum is all about; a collection of passionate, knowledgable, N64 lovers, pooling their resources together to create something nowhere else has done. Reading through the other nominations it's great to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this and hopefully the thread will continue to thrive into 2016 and beyond.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I agree with danilochka, the Console Variations thread is an epicenter of discovery. I am proud to be a small part of it!

It would be unfair for me to say Hotlap thread, even though i spend a lot of time there. :D
I am grateful that other people enjoy it most of all!

Everybody here producing topics and contributing to them does a great job at it. I wish the few that i have were as good. I'm not one for making threads, but still do my best to support others. :yeah:
Edited by No64DD, Dec 28 2015, 12:22 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Prior Awards · Next Topic »
Add Reply